Make a donation

Author Topic: Got the Job :D  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
Got the Job :D
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:30:28 pm »
Well im not sure I made everyone aware of this but I have been unemployed for a few months now  :ashamed:

But today I was offered a position with JCT600  :jumpmove: :jumpmove:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: Got the Job :D
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 02:31:39 pm »
Congrat mate :congrats:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 02:32:18 pm »
Thank fook for that. One less benefit scrounger :signLOL:

Just kidding mate. Congrats on the New Job  :congrats: Hope it lasts for you as in today's climate nothing is certain anymore  :sad1:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 02:32:32 pm »
Congrats :happy2:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 02:37:43 pm »
Thank fook for that. One less benefit scrounger :signLOL:

Just kidding mate. Congrats on the New Job  :congrats: Hope it lasts for you as in today's climate nothing is certain anymore  :sad1:

:signLOL:

Cheers, finally released from the beno squad. Its their brand new site so hope it lasts  :scared:

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 02:49:14 pm »
parts or sales ? i want discount  :laugh: and what site you at? the new one thats being built in yeadon?

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 02:55:03 pm »
parts or sales ? i want discount  :laugh: and what site you at? the new one thats being built in yeadon?

Neither. Yeah thats the one. Its a Driver/Cleaner role, but plenty of choices now I have my foot in the door, not exactly making use of my degree but im so much more interested in this sector than going into IT.

There isnt a parts counter at this site as it will be selling second hand cars from the trade ins im assuming  :confused:

Im sure as a JCT600 employee there will be some kind of discount scheme  :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:00:13 pm by Edition30 »

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 03:52:53 pm »
Well done !. what have you done a degree in ?. I work with so many clever thick people with degrees.

FWW i have worked with a old guy off 65 who is 66 in Nov and is staying at work till he is 67. one of the cleverest guys i have met in 30 years at work.Lots off young pups fresh from university with there heads full off books he runs rings round them. They turn up so cock sure he allows them to do it there way then puts it right.I have never met a genuine nicer guy,mild man ,he reminds me of my late grandfather, never has a cross word .

I have said why don't you just save them the bother ,he just says they have to learn ,they don't really know ,only kids ,

Jacko you are the man !

I am not knocking students but don't knock your self by saying it isn't using your degree because what i have seen they aint worth sh*t you have your whole life in front off you and you will learn something every day

I am considered lairy boy at work because if need saying its down to me , what do i need to learn ? To keep out the firing line .

My local BMW dealers principal started at the bottom and made it to the top ,just been acquired by American automotive group and has been replaced with one of there own guys ,f*cking shame as he was a really professional guy ,They now seam desperate and want to screw you for every penny

Good luck mate and i hope it turns in to something more in the future, Get in make some friends and move up ,

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 03:57:21 pm »
I've no idea what on earth JCT600 is but..............

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 04:01:58 pm »
I've no idea what on earth JCT600 is but..............

AUTOMOTIVE GROUP

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 04:25:23 pm »
congrats mate. 

Its a sad fact that most guys with degree's dont end up in jobs in that line of work.  its a very common occurrence in industry nowadays. 

to be honest id never pay for a degree off my own back, experience and trade qualifications mean more to most places.  Im fortunate that my work are fully sponsoring me and a load of other colleagues for a degree at the moment,  however we have to get above a 60% average instead of the usual 40%, or we are removed from the roster and course, and launched back into our previous trade streams

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 04:27:51 pm »
Congrats. Given you can get "mickey mouse" degrees means bugger all. It used to count for something but IMO experience is much more valuable than a degree - it provides you with the real knowledge you need.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Ifti

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 04:58:48 pm »
Whats JCT600??

Congrats anyway!

Nasir

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 05:21:17 pm »
Congrats on the job  :happy2:

JCT 600 is owned by John/Jack Tordoff, an automotive group like Sytner or Listers.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 05:33:06 pm »
Congrats. Given you can get "mickey mouse" degrees means bugger all. It used to count for something but IMO experience is much more valuable than a degree - it provides you with the real knowledge you need.

exactly.  We had to have a huge array of pre-requisites and experiences behind us before we even applied for our degree, and then had to go through week long set of interviews, and tests before being put against a selection committee.  that said though, were guaranteed a good job and career prospects, and on full wages for the duration, so i its well worth it, that and the promotion and 5k pay rise after makes it worthwhile.