Make a donation

Author Topic: Apr Stage 4 Build  (Read 19207 times)

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
Re: Apr Stage 4 Build
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2010, 11:48:27 am »
short update will load pics and stuff later next week

had a very long and busy week with apr engineers here in israel and i am dead tired

we have finished race fuel celebration

513 wheel horse power
over 65 kgm of torque
over 220 whp at 3500 rpm

revo giac dealers did not come to dyno to proof it so it was done in the presence of motec and haltech distributers

motec distributer did not believe the nnumber so he set the dyno himself and did the pull with him in the car. Pulled 512

so this must be yours then :happy2:

Offline poko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2010, 11:53:37 am »
i see only half pic on my phone

but its either me or an s3 stage 3 they also calibrated

if it says 500+ its mine :)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2010, 11:59:08 am »
i see only half pic on my phone

but its either me or an s3 stage 3 they also calibrated

if it says 500+ its mine :)

excellent results there Poko  :congrats:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2010, 12:06:13 pm »
WOW!  :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2010, 12:15:06 pm »
Fook me if my maths is right that's 470lb/ft of torque :surprised: :driver: :congrats:

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2010, 04:44:33 pm »
 :congrats: thats crackers but awsome
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline poko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2010, 09:34:53 pm »
just wanted to sum things up a little and say some thank yous. , although later this week i will sort all pics and data and load them.

first of all about the final results.
the car is currently on with 2 different files (i driven it around 80-100 miles on both today).

the first is the race fuel file which takes the 2871R as far as it can go and left many people shocked since no one belived that this tiny turbo can make this numbers. as was shared, it makes 513WHP and it is absolutly mental to drive.
the turbo is even more avilable than on stage 3 cars and massive power starts just after 3000rpm and goes all the way to the redline.

the other file is the 98ron file which i have asked to make very tame and safe in relation. we don't use any addetives such as methanol and timing are not advanced to the max to allow for east adaption to weather and condition changes. also the turbo never goes above 80% duty cycle so a long life for the engine and turbo are expected with this file. this file puts out 402whp

overall , i just drove the car around 100 miles, and i need some time to get used to it. it is absolutly mental , you just press the pedal at 3000 rpm and the car next to you suddenly is half a mile back.

i would also like to add some thank you's for the really amazing guys involved in this project.

first the APR guys (random order of names) :

Grant@APR -
An amazing mechanic who has built me an engine who can stand anything i can throw at it and than some

Joel@APR -
The guy who is not a tuner but a Wizard who made power from the 2871R which left a lot of people with open mouths and won me a lot of bets. now people will know not to believe flow maps

Stephen@APR -
The head of APR who has supported this project all along and make this trip to israel come true. a truly unique and amazing guy.

Keith@APR -
the guy who started this project rolling within APR and without him it would have never gotten so far.

And now for the Israeli guys :

Pit Stop -
APR's israeli distributer, i think the world of them and there is a reason why. you all would have wished to have a nearby dealer like those guys.

TIG Motorsport -
By far the most professional shop in israel and the only ones i will ever trust to deal with my car, they were a major part of this build .

sorry for the long thank you's which probably are not interesting to read, but all the guys mentioned just put a week of 20 work hours a day , and they really deserve the credit.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2010, 09:48:59 pm »
very interesting stuff this.

Looking at Garrett's site, none of the GT2871R's are rated to over 475bhp. Fact you have 513WHP (which suggests its in the realms of 560+ @ Flywheel) is quite amazing.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 09:52:05 pm »
wow that is some excelllent figures :notworthy:

Offline poko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2010, 09:53:03 pm »
very interesting stuff this.

Looking at Garrett's site, none of the GT2871R's are rated to over 475bhp. Fact you have 513WHP (which suggests its in the realms of 560+ @ Flywheel) is quite amazing.

timing advance is the key.

at 513whp turbo is at 100% load.
we had one run of 520whp but it needed so much more advance over 513 it wasn't worth it.

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2010, 10:02:48 pm »
fantastic stuff dude . i bet its crazy to drive . think i might have to build a bottom end for mine and go crazy power . is that still on the me9 ?
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline poko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 09:39:25 am »
fantastic stuff dude . i bet its crazy to drive . think i might have to build a bottom end for mine and go crazy power . is that still on the me9 ?

yep , it is on an ME9 and it is unbelivable to drive.

as for the engine build , you need to build the head as well , a lot of power gains to be had with cams and adjusted software.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 10:11:29 am »
That's some crazy figures, fantastic, I bet you're really pleased to say the least!!

Having driven a friend's laggy, but proven 500BHP Golf 1.8T 20v (bored to a 2.0), I can only imagine with a much better chassis it'll be superb.

Have you got any geek data, like MAF readings etc to see how much something like that differs from the usual 2.0T FSI logs?? I bet it's sucking in small animals at the rate that ingests air!!!!
Sideways yo!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2010, 07:41:26 pm »
since you have built the bottom end and lowered the compression i guess this extra power has come from the ignition advance, ported head and new cams then?

i just find it slightly strange that the turbo manufactures have nearly under rated their own turbo by 100Hp

Offline poko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2010, 09:17:03 am »
since you have built the bottom end and lowered the compression i guess this extra power has come from the ignition advance, ported head and new cams then?

i just find it slightly strange that the turbo manufactures have nearly under rated their own turbo by 100Hp

the main reasons for that insane number on C16 are the camshafts , which are magic with the right tune as well as massive timing advance allowed by the C16 fuel.
as an APR engineer described it , since it was the first time they worked with it, the fuel is "magic in a can".