Make a donation

Poll

As I'm hoping to make the switch, how many times has yours been repaired?

Never
Once
Twice
All the time

Author Topic: How reliable is your DSG?  (Read 15906 times)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: How reliable is your DSG?
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2010, 04:50:01 pm »

I've only had the car for about 6 months , was previously a company directors car , very well looked after.  Bought it on the cheap so really no complaints.  Might find it hard to sell on in the future though considering the milleage ?

....As you clearly have solid evidence of it being well maintained, it may take time to sell but a VeeDub cognoscenti shouldn't be put off by the mileage. Obviously her mileage will influence the selling price. Someone may want to buy it for serious trackday use for example. Who knows? I say Think Positive. It took me nearly a year to sell my BMW but so what.

WOW!  :surprised:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline s4lek

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2010, 05:10:28 pm »
I paid £3000 cash plus my Vw passat estate ex police car3.0 4 motion 2004 with 198k Miles. Not planning on selling at the moment.  The gti has leather seats ( interior in mint condition considering it's a 55 plate)  dsg , winter pack , luxury pack, sunroof, Bluetooth mfsw.  Only the seals on the door were replaced under warranty that I know, otherwise nothing else been done by Vw.     

Offline Elvin

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 06:47:56 pm »
My Golf V GTI DSG 2006 has driven 150.000 km, whitout problems !!!!!   :happy2:
Volkswagen Golf V GTI DSG 2006

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2010, 07:09:25 pm »

My Golf V GTI DSG 2006 has driven 150.000 km, whitout problems !!!!!   :happy2:

....Just so we all know: 150,000 km = 93,000 miles approx.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2010, 10:32:04 pm »
had the DSG in my A3 TDI, at first i liked it, then i grew to hate it, the delays and the jolts were terrible. I never considered the mechatronic unit as it was out of warranty, oh and it was useless in the snow. Never again.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2010, 11:15:05 pm »
had the DSG in my A3 TDI, at first i liked it, then i grew to hate it, the delays and the jolts were terrible. I never considered the mechatronic unit as it was out of warranty, oh and it was useless in the snow. Never again.

....I think that DSG is at it's worst if you only drive in D-mode where the system decides when to shift gear. But when you drive in DSG's Manual mode it should and does behave exactly as you want it to and you are the one in control. At least, mine does. Consequently, in my case, never again will I not have DSG or its equivalent.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2010, 02:14:15 pm »
Nothing major to report on the DSg front - apart from that it works as expected.

Got a MY08 GTi with a Stage 2+ remap pretty much from new.

Does anyone know if the 'clutches' in the DSG need replacing?  Does a periodical reset of the DSG control unit help.  I have heard  this helps clear out   any glitches retained in the self-learning memory of the gearbox.