Make a donation

Author Topic: Best tyres  (Read 12156 times)

Offline Slickline

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Best tyres
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2010, 11:28:22 am »
I had Bridgestone RE050's on my cupra and rated them pretty highly, i have just replaced the fronts with Vredstein Ultrac Sessantas @ 17k miles. First impressions seem ok, traction is better although the bridgestones were shot and wheelspun everywhere before i replaced them. The vred's at £90 a corner seem to do the job for reasonable cash.

Offline cossy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • 57 REG ED30 5325 MILES!
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2010, 11:36:27 am »
Nankang N2-2 for me £64 per corner, excellent tyre :P
Nope, they're not! I had them on my BMW and they were utter SH1TE!
I also bought a wheel and tyre package with these on, but swapped my existing PS2's on the the new wheels and gave the Nankangs to my brother for his 320d. He was furious at the lack of grip  :surprised:

think i was joking, never did enough miles to change tyres!!

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2010, 05:33:32 pm »
has anyone else ever tried uniroyal rainsport tyres. i absolutely love em and they've never let me down. awesome grip levels. am just about to buy a pair as ive only had my gti a week and it came with nankang ns2's and there shocking. no grip at all in the wet.
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2010, 05:43:21 pm »
My mate has got the uni royals on his 2 RS4's a b7 cab and b5 avant  he also has them on his saph cossie and scooby RA and also his ex police T5 and old school T5-R yes a nice selection of cars but always the same tyres he wanted to put them on his brabus K8 but apparently they don't make a 275-30-20 :rolleye:

Personally myself I'm on Toyo new tyres the proxes PX4 just running them in but can say although the side wall is a bit soft they stick like dog plop on you shoe :grin: wet or dry.

Darren

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2010, 05:45:52 pm »
The problem I found with the Toyo Proxes that I have had in the past is that they didn't last 5 minutes. They did grip well though

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2010, 07:29:40 am »
yeh ive also had the t1's and the t1'r proxes and they are very good tyres, they just dont last and the uniroyals were better in the wet.
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come