Make a donation

Author Topic: Seat CUPRA VS CUPRA R  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Pummy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Seat CUPRA VS CUPRA R
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 05:31:45 pm »
Having had both a Cupra and an Ed30, my experiences of the rides between the two are that the Cupra is a lot harsher than the Golf.  That is not to say the Cupra could not be sorted out with some decent shock / spring combo to bring the comfort back a little, however the difference between the two is very noticeable, despite being 6 months difference of ownership of both cars.

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 12:07:55 am »
^^^^
I guess that "shockingly firm" ride means harsh rather than just hard.

8 miles that test drive was and I honestly wondered for a few moments if I would ever walk upright again. I felt like my spine had been compressed and that I was 2" shorter!

The rest of the car was **** anyway!

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 10:47:51 pm »
Having owned 5 SEAT Ibiza Cupra's in total over the last 5 years, the interior is terrible in comparison to any VW.

That is, as mentioned before, evident in teeth rattling ride quality, overly hard suspension and a basic interior quality.

However, engine wise, they always impressed me, OK they are VW/Audi parts anyway, but they were great cars.

If the LEON had the same quality of interior as the Golf GTi then I'd have been tempted, as it's less common, and quite a nice looking car, but it is leaps apart in quality and until SEAT improve that side of their cars, i'll stick with VW.

To me, the greatest SEAT car, was the Ibiza Cupra MK3.

...Get yourself a later (2009) 5 door ED30 or Pirelli!  :happy2: