Make a donation

Author Topic: NEED ADVICE..UPDATE PAGE 3!!  (Read 8768 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: NEED ADVICE..UPDATE PAGE 3!!
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2010, 08:33:39 pm »
£395 for that  :laugh: get youself a m2 gti 16v and just run that about and stick the cash int savings for your house

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2010, 02:32:02 pm »
I was in a similar position when I was buying my first house. I had an S3 at the time and had to sell up for some extra cash. In the end I bought an Impreza WRX as it was half teh price of my S3 and only 6 months older. It was a big mistake and it end up costing me more in the long run.

As others have said, sell your car and buy something really cheap to get you about in. Who knows in 6 months, you may get a better job or a payrise and buy something nice again (that's what happened to me!).

That's IF you really are looking for a deposit. It almost looks as though you're just bored of the GTI and want something else. I know it's hard to take a step down in cars, but it is the right choice if you want a decent house. I went from a BMW 330cd convertible last year to my GTI and it was a pretty big step down, but again I got a promotion and bought another BMW as well. If I hadn't downgraded, I would have run up big debts and not been able to afford the new car when I did get it.

:drinking:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 02:47:53 pm »
I was in a similar position when I was buying my first house. I had an S3 at the time and had to sell up for some extra cash. In the end I bought an Impreza WRX as it was half teh price of my S3 and only 6 months older. It was a big mistake and it end up costing me more in the long run.

As others have said, sell your car and buy something really cheap to get you about in. Who knows in 6 months, you may get a better job or a payrise and buy something nice again (that's what happened to me!).

That's IF you really are looking for a deposit. It almost looks as though you're just bored of the GTI and want something else. I know it's hard to take a step down in cars, but it is the right choice if you want a decent house. I went from a BMW 330cd convertible last year to my GTI and it was a pretty big step down, but again I got a promotion and bought another BMW as well. If I hadn't downgraded, I would have run up big debts and not been able to afford the new car when I did get it.

:drinking:

car has gone matey  :smiley:

got a civic type r ep3, and a big wod of cash!  :laugh: just need to sell the civic before the temptation of modding becomes too much!  :scared:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2010, 12:22:47 pm »
well done joe , nice one  :happy2:
(any pics of the R?)
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 01:28:47 pm »

really liking it now!  :laugh:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2010, 12:34:56 am »
does look nice that Joe  :happy2:

If I ever hit real hard times and had to sell the golf I think I would downsize to a funky euro lupo  :party: