Make a donation

Author Topic: What springs do i go for??  (Read 1889 times)

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
What springs do i go for??
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:53:41 am »
After getting the car colour coded, mild tint, back windows, and monzas refurb think there is nothing else except getting new springs on. I told myself i would never change springs or shocks after bad experiences with other cars i have had before so i need good advise.  :happy2: I just want drop the height so looks more aggressive improve handling but still want  it comfortable, dont want no rubbing and dont want back breaking  hard ride. What springs do you recommend guys EIBACH ? APEX? H&R? how much should i lower it by? Where should i buy them from, and how much does it  cost usually to fit. Be greatful for the advise. :wink:
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510

Offline savechip17

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: What springs do i go for??
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:06:09 am »
im in the same boat but for my tdi

Offline boxxer1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 05:09:57 am »
Eibach sportlines on mine drop is nice, what size wheels you running ?
Mk5 golf Gti REVO. stg2+
Milltek | Auto tech | White line | Forge | REVO | KW | Quaife | helix clutch |

Offline skifast

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:06:02 am »
has anybody tried the vw racing springs     10/15% stiffer and 20mm drop from standard ?

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 10:14:46 am »
1). H&R's
2). from Ebay.de
3). £150 approx for fitting

:happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 10:18:14 am »
has anybody tried the vw racing springs     10/15% stiffer and 20mm drop from standard ?

cant remember the manfucturere but the VWR ones are supposed to be re-branded.  Only good thing is that they specify different spring rates for DSG cars, so find out the details and then buy the equivalent from the manufacturer.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 11:54:51 am »

cant remember the manfucturere but the VWR ones are supposed to be re-branded.  Only good thing is that they specify different spring rates for DSG cars, so find out the details and then buy the equivalent from the manufacturer.
They're AP springs. I have just bought some and they are being fitted today  :party:

Offline Robert74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 08:24:57 pm »

They're AP springs. I have just bought some and they are being fitted today  :party:

Where did you get yours from?
2006 GTI 5 door DSG

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 08:46:52 pm »
EIBACH  on mine. had no complaints at all. like the way it rides just need to upgrade the arbs and walk now.
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 06:43:03 am »

Where did you get yours from?
http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/  :drinking:

After driving these for a while last night I can confirm they are actually MORE comfortabke than stock springs  :smiley: You don't notice much of a drop in height though so if that's your main goal these probably aren't for you  :happy2: