Make a donation

Author Topic: Skydiving  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Skydiving
« on: October 05, 2010, 05:16:43 pm »

As titled...

Who's done it?  Did my 1st jump yesterday  :jumping: at Alberta Sky diving centre , Canada.  Terryfying but amazing.  A week of jumping to follow,
if the wind holds off.

Video to follow when i get back to germany with decent net access  :happy2:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: Skydiving
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 05:53:43 pm »
Welcome to the club matey - it is like a drug, does not take long to get addicted. Did my first jump 18 years ago, now have in excess of 400 jumps to my name  :happy2: Have all the gear, pack own chute etc.... All good fun. Most hilarious moment, getting caught with a chute (kitted with smugglers rings) as my hand luggage on a flight to the states a few years back (pre 911) and getting the Spanish inquisition by the authorities.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 06:22:32 pm »

As titled...

Who's done it?  Did my 1st jump yesterday  :jumping: at Alberta Sky diving centre , Canada.  Terryfying but amazing.  A week of jumping to follow,
if the wind holds off.

I went there to do it after a back to back batus in 2007 mike.  one of the fusiliers creamed in and really messed himself up when his main shoot didn't operate at all, and his reserve went tits up.  needless to say, i changed my mind about it and havent bothered doing it again. 

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 06:25:32 pm »
My ex boss was in the Bootnecks team.  Not sure how many jumps he had done, but expect it was a few........

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 08:42:42 pm »

As titled...

if the wind holds off.

I went there to do it after a back to back batus in 2007 mike.  one of the fusiliers creamed in and really messed himself up when his main shoot didn't operate at all, and his reserve went tits up.  needless to say, i changed my mind about it and havent bothered doing it again. 

Had the story, opened his reserve too late apparently , bad times.

Probably get another couple of jumps in this afternoon  :party: (still sh*tting myself lol)

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 10:27:00 pm »
I did a tandom sky dive in South Africa a few years back now, was a great experience - I would love to try a single dive one day....maybe  :scared:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 12:48:53 am »

Something always thought that needs to be done but never thought id have the balls to actually do.

After a few times its no easier to let go of the plane!  Not had a problem climbing out, just letting go  :signLOL:

Once the relief of check canopy comes its pretty awesome!