Make a donation

Author Topic: Mitsubishi evo 8 mr340 any experiences  (Read 3119 times)

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: Mitsubishi evo 8 mr340 any experiences
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 11:04:10 pm »
A fridge  :signLOL:

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 11:36:54 pm »
evo 8, one of the most expensive bit is the AYC, there is a valve/ecu that control it, you need to make sure thats not gone/going.

Drive slowly in circles listen for a wearing noise, make sure the gravel/snow/tarmac lights dont all stay on.

i have been looking onto these too, have you looked around http://www.lancerregister.com/index.php

Im looking for an 8 too.

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 11:48:28 pm »
Cheers bud   :happy2:
Signed up today  :smiley:

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 08:50:11 am »
worked for mitsi for 10 years so all i will say is service history make sure its had all the oils done and the ayc one done too plus have a look under it and check for any signs on it being on a jig  :surprised: you would be shocked to see how many cars we had on ramps that had been on a jig but had no record of damage on a hpi check  :surprised:.It was always the driver that ran out of skill and never the car  :driver: we had one guy in a 7 have us fit something that turned all the things that help the car stay on the road ie be able to turn traction control off and he lost it 3 days later  :driver: going over bridge did a bit of this  :driver:

and lost it and hit a bus  :surprised: and ripped the front end off  :scared: he fixed it and sold it about 6 months later and the new owner will never know  :scared: so check check and double check for any signs of damage if you can but they are awesome cars  :driver:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 09:41:40 am »

I've been looking at getting a Vlll FQ MR340.  Always wanted one but the leon is so cheap to run i think the running costs of the Evo concern me alittle  :scared:

A friend had the FQ400 and after a year it ruined him financially £££'s.

I can just pass another mates Vll 340 but in the twisties he leaves me for dead.

It would be my daily but i do very low mileage.
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline strapper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 09:52:45 pm »
My friend has got an evo 9 fq360 by hks run out model and has had it nearly 3 years with no problems although he suspects the clutch will need replaced soon as they are very week as standard. He uses it as a family/everyday car and gets the proper servicing. He had an evo 8 fq260 before it which he owned for 3 years and all it needed was brakes and a clutch in the end.
I think you will be surprised of the pace of the evo compared to your golf, the power is more manageable and it uses it better than most cars with similar bhp.
Tornado red mk5 Gti no more
Tornado red 3dr mk5 R32, leather recaros, satnav, arm rest, electricaly folding wing mirrors, sunroof, parking sensors, wOOwzers I've just made a mess of my trousers!l
Mk7 Gti 5dr solid white

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 11:24:14 pm »
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 07:41:03 pm »
Cheers for the info guys  , much appreciated  :happy2:
A fridge  :signLOL:

And a 6 pack of Fosters :grin:
knowing him a lot more than a 6 pack  :laugh: