All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Error codes

(1/6) > >>

Duffy:
Big problems with my gti just now. if anyone can offer advice would be great. basically got an r32 milttek exhaust fitted along with a forge DV atmospheric dump valve around a month an a half ago.
The other day on the motorway felt a sudden loss of power and engine management light comes on. No dumping of air froom dump valve and feels lik im getting liittle or no boost from turbo. Take it to place got all work done and the comp reads following error codes:-
001092 - Evap Purge contnrol valve (N80) Circuit open
000579 - Solenoid Valve(a) for boost pressure control (N75) Malfunction
000051 - Turbocharger bypass control valve - open circuit
000256- Mass air flow sensor (G70) supply voltage.

The last code didnt repeat but the top three did after being reset. Called dealer and they ve said its the dump valve and to get it removed. but garage that carried out the work say it isnt the dump valve and the dealer are just saying this to void the warranty for this part.

Any advice / comments? im getting well annoyed, just want it all fixed.

neg:
Must be a problem with the Forge one you have fitted.  Are you sure its been fitted correctly?  no leaks, loose connections etc.

The ECU thinks this is faulty/not working so will put you into limp mode which will feel like no turbo at all as it only boosts to 5psi.

When you say atmos valve, is this just the spacer on the OEM DV?

Duffy:
i have absolutely no idea. The garage i got to fit it are really reputable in glasgow. on the receipt sheet it says 1 Forge Atmospheric Dump Valve - VW 2.0 T.

Any advice? the DV is getting removed tomorrow.

Teutonic_Tamer:
I would personally ditch the atmospheric DV, and go for a total recirc DV - as the GTI was never designed to have an open vent for the turbo boost.

What is the battery voltage, because low voltage can give spurious readings on other unrelated sensors too.

Oh, and check any vacuum pipes for the inlet manifold, and look for damaged wiring too.

Finally, have you looked on the RossTech Wiki for further clues on the fault codes?

182_blue:
heres the wiki http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Category:Fault_Codes

cant seem to find the codes though ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version