All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Error codes

<< < (3/6) > >>

Duffy:

--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on November 03, 2008, 05:37:57 pm ---
--- Quote from: Duffy on November 03, 2008, 05:26:26 pm ---hmm. i cant seem to find them either.
--- End quote ---

Quote from the Wiki - "Additional codes are beeing continously added."  :wink:

--- Quote from: Duffy on November 03, 2008, 05:26:26 pm ---Does the Recirc Valve have the same noise and job as the Atmospheric ?
--- End quote ---

They both do the same job (well sort of), but they do it slightly differently, and can actually have very different effects on the actual driveabilty.  Basically, they both limit the upper level of turbo boost.  When actually operating by limiting boost, the standard recirc valve simply sends excess "air" back to the low pressure side of the turbo (this then keeps the turbo at maximum spool, therefore max efficiencey), whereas the atmospheric simply "dumps" the excess air into the atmosphere (this is then wasted, and will allow the turbo to slow dowm, creating a delay when boost is again requested).

So basically, if you want to sound like a Chav, and actually loose performance - keep the atmospheric DV.  But if you want the "mature" sound, and maintain max performance, then keep the OEM or aftermarket closed recirc valve.  :wink:  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

I have been llooking for a description like that for ageees. I didnt know that the Atmospheric DV lost you boost pressure and therefore performance. i thought if anything it helped protect the turbo from the air being pushed back in against it, my bad.

thanks for the advice. I shall get a recirc valve ordered tomorrow.

Duffy:
i thought it was VAG-com as thats what they said they were going to hook it up to.

Will need to ask tomorrow.

Teutonic_Tamer:
Duffy, the atmos DV won't actually loose any peak turbo boost, but what it does is allows the turbo to slow down too much.  Then when you get on the gas again, there is a delay in getting the boost again.

Duffy:
ah i see. That delay must cost performance time though yes?

Is there any difference between an OEM recirc valve and an aftermarket one?

Thanks again

vRStu:
How do you fit an R32 exhaust to a GTI?  CAT Back only?

I don't have time to pull up the CFD's at the moment but I don't suppose they are all on the same fuse are they?  That wiring seems to be all around the same place to me, wonder if the cable to the forge DV has been damaged/melted?

If indeed your car is a GTi then the Forge DV is doing the work of the Turbocharger bypass control valve, or not in your case

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version