All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Error codes

<< < (4/6) > >>

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: Duffy on November 03, 2008, 05:56:52 pm ---ah i see. That delay must cost performance time though yes?
--- End quote ---

Well, you will suffer a slight delay from a touch more turbo lag.

--- Quote from: Duffy on November 03, 2008, 05:56:52 pm ---Is there any difference between an OEM recirc valve and an aftermarket one?
--- End quote ---

Functionwise - no.  Construction - yes.

The OEM one uses a rubber diaphragm, which is reported to be prone to tearing, but the latest releases of the OEM one seems to be more reliable.  Higher boosts from remaps seem to aggravate the life span.

An aftermarket one like the Forge uses a piston with O rings, and is considerably more durable, though still needs "servicing".  The Forge ones look  8)  8)  8)  8) though.  :wink:

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: vRStu on November 03, 2008, 07:21:44 pm ---How do you fit an R32 exhaust to a GTI?  CAT Back only?
--- End quote ---

Unless it is just the rear box - similar to the way RedRobin has the quad tips on his???

--- Quote from: vRStu on November 03, 2008, 07:21:44 pm ---If indeed your car is a GTi then the Forge DV is doing the work of the Turbocharger bypass control valve, or not in your case
--- End quote ---

Yup, agreed.  But a correct log of the N75 should give a clearer diagnosis.

vRStu:
Is it also possible that some of those codes were already present from the Forge fitting?

Have you cleared them off and then checked again?

182_blue:

--- Quote from: vRStu on November 03, 2008, 07:45:42 pm ---Is it also possible that some of those codes were already present from the Forge fitting?

--- End quote ---

i think so, he said "The last code didnt repeat but the top three did after being reset." , still not sure what program there using though

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: 182_blue on November 03, 2008, 07:47:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: vRStu on November 03, 2008, 07:45:42 pm ---Is it also possible that some of those codes were already present from the Forge fitting?

--- End quote ---

i think so, he said "The last code didnt repeat but the top three did after being reset." , still not sure what program there using though

--- End quote ---

I agree.

I have had a right nightmare with a £20k Snap-On reader (I think it was Solus) - utter shyte, and grossly over-rated.  Unfortunately, the collegue who owns it has it on the knock, so can't really get rid of it.  It reapeatedly gave the wrong codes on my last S4, failed to interrogate many of the modules, and completely missed a reading from the ESP ECU.

Unfortunately, many of these so called fault code readers, even the professional ones, don't actually read the manufacturer specific codes.  They only read the generic EOBD or OBD2 codes, which are just really basic codes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version