Make a donation

Author Topic: Choppers has left the building...  (Read 6584 times)

Offline Moschops

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
Choppers has left the building...
« on: October 07, 2010, 12:07:23 pm »
So these touched down yesterday...

Hers....S3 Black Edition

His...A6 SLine Special Edition 2.7 TDI Quattro

And as a thank you, we both got a ride out in this...  Not Worthy

My lottery win car for sure.... party

okay started a sepearate thread on here so you could see the new cars as soo many people asked...Hope you like... :happy2:  Still with VAG but something a bit special, will still hang around the place for the banter and the will still do the T shirts and things  :happy2:

Okay both cars we're spec'd like this and just sat in the showroom...Yes Tom can you believe the spec on the S3..only thing missing I'd have liked is a sunroof..but hey ho, Audi buckets as they call them, Comfort pack, Sat Nav and S tronic and in Ibis White too, they have 2 black ones sat outside too, but no Buckets in them. And a Blue one arrived yesterday afternoon.

The A6 is an S Line Special Edition sometimes referred to as a Le Mans Edition, lots of stuff as standard on this one, has a 2.7 TDI with Quattro and is also S tronic with paddles too and a Sunroof.  :notworthy:

Audi did a deal to take all 3 VW's off our hands and it was too good to turn down, did visit BMW along the way and also two other Audi dealers closer to home but they did not seem to want to do a deal (was originally just for the Edition 30) but Mrs Choppers Polo needed some serious cash thrown at it so we decided to let her go...been on the family for 10 years..Mrs C was a little upset to see it go.. :sad:  But we move on... :pomppomp:  

The R32 was also good to drive again and it really struck at the heartstrings that V6 growl and the rasping on acceleration will be missed...all cars are going back into the trade, the Polo I think will be a keeper but the Golfs will be up for sale... :innocent:

Just waiting for the retention certificates to come back now for the reg transfers :driver:

Watch the sales bit too as we've lots of VW bit and bobs coming up for sale... :happy2:  We'll also hopefully be coming along to Santa Pod so any bits can be bought along... :drinking:

Look forward to comments too. :smiley:

Cheers Mr and Mrs Choppers... :star:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:33:33 pm by Moschops »
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
Re: Choppers has left the building...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:11:20 pm »
Very nice to both of them, especially the S3.  That's very high up on my list (probably number one actually) for my next car as & when I change it.  

:happy2:

PS. A black R8 is also my lottery win car! :driver:

FOR SALE!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:12:32 pm »
How come the Mrs got the tastiest motor?!

:laugh:

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 12:14:43 pm »
How come the Mrs got the tastiest motor?!

:laugh:

Yes I was thinking that when driving it home last night... :stupid:  I do more miles so it made sense to have a TDI  :driver: It's seriously quick too  :ashamed:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=473dvbgckgcn0emj9d0e1sqcva&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 12:15:38 pm »
^^^ 2nded

Wondering why you decided to go for the 2.7 rather than the 3.0TDI?

Ifti

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:18:17 pm »
Nice cars!
Although my lottery win would be a new M3, and then maybe a Audi Q7 as a 'family car'.

Reminds me, need to get my ticket for the EuroMillions tomorrow. Im feeling confident! lol

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 12:28:07 pm »
^^^ 2nded

Wondering why you decided to go for the 2.7 rather than the 3.0TDI?

the 2.7 was in stock waiting to be bought..in fact it was just about to be registered as a demo...plus the waiting list for a new one was February...looking at the figures they are both similar as well... :stupid: although the 3.0 would have been a lot dearer...and another insurance group higher..not that it matters.. :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:30:31 pm »
Nice cars!
Although my lottery win would be a new M3, and then maybe a Audi Q7 as a 'family car'.

Reminds me, need to get my ticket for the EuroMillions tomorrow. Im feeling confident! lol
Feck me family car...I hope you mean relatives and desendants can get in it all at the same as well...there huge.... :jumping:  Stoke Audi have a white one, with a TDI V12 lump in it and 22" alloys, carbon brakes as well...yours for £102,000  :stupid:
Cheers,

Wayne

Ifti

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 12:32:32 pm »
Nice cars!

Feck me family car...I hope you mean relatives and desendants can get in it all at the same as well...there huge.... :jumping:  Stoke Audi have a white one, with a TDI V12 lump in it and 22" alloys, carbon brakes as well...yours for £102,000  :stupid:

Yup, they're huge - but look mean!

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 12:34:15 pm »
Nice cars!

Yup, they're huge - but look mean!

Aye this white one sure looks the part... :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 12:44:24 pm »
Looking good Wayne. I wonder why they stopped printing s3 on the buckets on the my11 black editions.

Two v nice cars for sure ;)

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 12:48:33 pm »
What's the "Black Edition" got over a normal S3 then? And is it a limited edition....ie. will they have stopped doing it by the time I come to buy an S3?

FOR SALE!

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 12:51:14 pm »
fecking nice one mate... Like golfgirl I too keep raising my eyebrows to the S3..

I do the S3 footrests too..... :happy2:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 12:52:40 pm »
S3 looks great but would have to be manual for me.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 12:53:06 pm »
What's the "Black Edition" got over a normal S3 then? And is it a limited edition....ie. will they have stopped doing it by the time I come to buy an S3?

Black Edition have Black carbon inserts on the inside of the car, door hand surrounds and facia trim whereas the normal S3 are brushed alloy. It also has things fitted as standard like rear blind, Darkened glass and other bits and bobs, will need to have a look in the brochure...and report back. Looking on Piston Heads they seem to produce a black edition for each model run.....so you could strike lucky Claire... :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne