Make a donation

Author Topic: Someone in Birmingham  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Someone in Birmingham
« on: October 07, 2010, 11:16:12 am »
Looking at a Golf - can anyone point me in a direction of someone who could help me check over a MK5 ? full loaded, but I wouldn't be able to tell if this stufff is aftermarket (cheap upgrades) or full on genuine?

Any advice?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
Re: Someone in Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:56:47 am »
GT TDI 2005- are these standard bits guys? also have couple of small questions next top some. Much info as poss would be great, as want to check if these are OEM or cheap after mods

Auto lights
Autowipers

Cruise control
Air con & twin climate control < Whats this difference ppl?
Heated seats
Anthracite black roof lining
Electric lumbar support
Also seperate 6 disk changer under armres t< If I loose this, what can I put in place?
Full closure from key an headlights come on when its dark
X4 electric windows < x4 ???
Electric/heated door mirrors
parking sensors (GENUINE)

'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:05:04 pm »
Auto lights and wipers are standard.

Armrest - no idea.

Cruise can either be factory fitted or retro-fitted.

Air con v climate control - climate control "controls" the temperature of the cabin and blows out enough air to maintain the set temperature.  This can be different on the drivers side to the passengers sider. Air con just blows out air at the temperature set but doesn't monitor the temperature in the cabin or maintain it at the desired temperature.

Heated seats are standard (I think, if not then they come with the winter pack).

Roof lining - no idea.

Electric lumbar support - standard.

full closure - standard.  

Auto lights (coming on when dark enough) - standard.

Electric windows x 4 - standard (on a 5 door car).

Heated door mirrors - only with winter pack I think.  Electric mirrors is standard.

Parking sensors - can be factory or retro-fitted.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:07:06 pm by Golfgirl »

FOR SALE!

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 12:06:08 pm »
PS. Just noticed after posting all that it's for a GTTDI.  My answers were based on a GTI sorry so may differ!  

From your list though the only things that would have a chance of being fitted aftermarket are cruise control, parking sensors and the armrest.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:08:46 pm by Golfgirl »

FOR SALE!

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 01:15:49 pm »
Heated seats are standard with leather, but optional with cloth (winter pack).

Air con is forced cooling of air by means of a compressor running of the engine.  Its basically a jumped up fridge with the interior of the car being the inside of the fridge.  As said climate control automatically adjusts the amount of heat / cold air blown into the car to keep it at the temperature you have selected.  You can take over and make adjustments to fan speed, which areas they blow in etc if you don't like the auto mode.

When you have the climate set to econ (short for economy) it will not allow the air conditioning compressor to switch on even if it needs colder air than the outside air to maintain your set temperature.

Eg if you have asked for the cabin to be at 18 Deg C, but its 22 Deg C outside, in econ mode the best you will get is 22 deg.  If econ is off, the air conditioing will cool the outside air down to 18 Deg and maintain it.

HTH
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline big_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 10:50:12 pm »
Hi mate I am near birmingham, drop me a line if you got any questions or need a car looking at , or pm greeners hes south birmingham and has a keen eye.   :happy2:

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 10:59:42 pm »
I'm from Birmingham but by no means am I an expert  :signLOL:
I reckon Greeners is your best bet, he's in the motor trade too  :wink:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:01:13 pm »
Big  :happy2: cheers for info. what you all driving?