Author Topic: MILTEK  (Read 5006 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
MILTEK
« on: October 07, 2010, 04:05:38 pm »
Am I alone when I say Im not impressed by some of there prodcuts?

Had a £400 system on a previous car, and it was worst thing I ever did. Sound was great, but that was it....

Joins - poor, blowing and blowing. Fit and alignment on a rear twin was not good. The end result, had to be re-cut and sealed to get it all fitting correctly and joins tacked to stop seperatation.

DId I just get a bad one?

Yes, was fitted by Miltek 7-12 times to be exact.
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: MILTEK
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 04:09:15 pm »
 a few people dont like em so dont worry  :signLOL: i think a few had the same probs ie poor welds

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 04:11:29 pm »
I loved it when it worked...........WHEN!!!!

So, who do ppl recomend?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:16:07 pm »
Blueflame for me dont care what people think of em they are made by a couple of guys who work on the cars and are spot on products mine just past it mot with no problems at all with the high flow cat  :smiley: and god does it sound good

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 04:18:57 pm »
then again my scooby has a votex afterburner on it and its loud but deep in noise

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 04:20:53 pm »
If you order a blueflame now you might just get it before 2012  :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

Good luck because you'll need it!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 04:21:45 pm »
If you order a blueflame now you might just get it before 2012  :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

ring them go up and get it fitted they will do that day

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 04:31:11 pm »
Oooo splitt opinions on exhausts then.

Mat - nice vid  :signLOL:  GOOOO ON MAT GO.......GO. GOOO MAT GOOO LOL

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 04:36:42 pm »
 :popcornsoda:

Quite a few Milltek fans on here, and to be fair, I think they have tried to raise their game of late.

However a poor reputation is a hard one to lose, and there are lots of reports of poor quality Milltek's on the various forums.

My own experience was a 360 degree cracked weld on a mid pipe, had it welded properly by a friend and all was good for the next 3 years till I sold the car.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 04:41:41 pm »

ring them go up and get it fitted they will do that day

3 weeks waiting for one then they say another 3 weeks on top of that, what an absolute joke, ended up with a pipeworx decat in the end

Saint Steve

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 04:51:20 pm »
Milltek wins my vote. Excell in Aftersales which cannot be questioned.Even as stated early build quality issues.

Id still go to them regardless.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 04:52:28 pm »
Alot of ST fordowners had issues with milteks, the downpipes would crack and the flexi joints would fall apart  :confused:, its one of the reasons i wont upgrade the exhaust, i hate it when things go wrong, it spoils the car for me

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 04:58:38 pm »
Mine first Miltek ws £390. Full system. Was on a sh*tron Saxo VTS. (Was fun when younger)

Joints went, OK for a month then blowing like a pron star.
Weight - kept braking links and also cracked the downpipe/manifold twice.

But wehen I worked, as I said Loved it.

And hats off to them, they always sent replacement clamps/parts within 48 hours!!!! Aftercare good, but all in all would have beeb cheaper form them to to custome re-make it by hand. lol

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 05:08:59 pm »
Them sending new parts is good, BUT it means more trips to a garage to get them re fitted etc etc, not for me im afraid

Mine first Miltek ws £390. Full system. Was on a sh*tron Saxo VTS. (Was fun when younger)

Joints went, OK for a month then blowing like a pron star.
Weight - kept braking links and also cracked the downpipe/manifold twice.

But wehen I worked, as I said Loved it.

And hats off to them, they always sent replacement clamps/parts within 48 hours!!!! Aftercare good, but all in all would have beeb cheaper form them to to custome re-make it by hand. lol

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 05:12:00 pm »
Ohhh totally agree. Once a month in shop for exhaust MOT. Did beome a real arse :rolleye:

Have to say - I like std