Make a donation

Author Topic: Need a litlle help?  (Read 1755 times)

Offline HALL1E123

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Need a litlle help?
« on: October 05, 2010, 06:39:05 pm »
Hi Guys
This is my first post on here, So Hello. I was going to wait until i had got a couple of nice photos but never mind.

2 weeks ago i returned back to vw's when treating myself to a 2005 candy white gti, at the weekend i fitted a Forge twintake and twintercooler.
Since then i have been experiencing a couple of things (hopefully not just i my head :confused: ) and would just like to get some ideas on what maybe going on.

Firstly, I have noticed the engine seems to be quite abit lounder (injector noise/tappety) would this simply be down to the fact that i am obviously no longer running an engine cover?

Secondly, I have noticed occasionaly that on an upchange (DSG) i think mostly 3rd to 4th when the next gear has been engaged and the car is accelerating it sounds as if air is still being dumped, could this be the diverter valve needing to be replaced the car is an '05' and has been mapped and is probably on the original diverter?

Thirdly, Since fitting these two items my idle has gone abit erratic especially on initial stop, could this be the 'PCV' system? just seams abit strange that it never occured before?

Any help will be grately appreciated,

Cheers,
James

Offline HALL1E123

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Need a litlle help?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:06:39 am »
Anybody any ideas?

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 08:18:23 am »
The engine on the mk5's are quite load on idle, almost like a diesel, so that's normal,

The whooshing of air you are hearing on the changes will just be the extra noise from fitting the twin take. Do a couple of searches for twintake videos on youtube and you'll see that the noise is normal.

If the idle feels erratic but the needle is not moving whilst still this is also normal. I think a few people have asked the dealers about this has been the response from them
C63
SQ5

Offline HALL1E123

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 12:53:03 pm »
Thanks for the reply cooper,

Im going to change my 'dv' to later later spec any way just to be safe with it having been mapped.

As for the idle issue im not just feeling it, you can actually see the revs fluctuate on the counter.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=t4l0uavg44maofdig653401rvh&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 12:56:16 pm »
Are you sure the dumping sound isnt the noise that the engine makes on gear changes as it alters its settings?

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 02:13:23 pm »
Re: the dodgy idle.

I replaced my DV and the PCV housing and all was well. :D

:pomppomp:

Offline HALL1E123

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 05:29:47 pm »
Thanks, Well ive got my new 'DV' and hopefully my pcv will arrive tomorrow so fingers crossed ill get them both fitted and all will be back to normal.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 07:09:20 pm »
PCV issues do cause rough idle, it would be my first change as they aren't to expensive. I would change the DV to the piston type as a precaution as again they aren't that much :happy2: