Make a donation

Author Topic: Virgin internet  (Read 2681 times)

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: Virgin internet
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 09:16:24 pm »
thanks every body for your replies, i'm in 2 minds what to do, but i'm swaying towards ditching them for the simple reason my bill seems to be going up and down all the time?? I started on the 3 for £30 package years ago and then Virgin offered us the free hd box with freeview type package for nothing which we have had for approx 15 month but our bill seems to be a jumping from around the £50 mark to has high has £80 sometime, we hardly use the telephone cos we are out most of the time and use our mobiles??? Time for a chat with Virgin me thinks.

Cheers

Darren

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 06:54:57 am »
^^^ thanks for that bt link.

I've punched in my home number it seems to be suggesting this can be used for the service. Perhaps they just mean the number can be ported but I may still need a physical bt line into the house. Pretty sure what I have is a vm line. There is no bt socket.

According to that site I can save circa £30 per month on my broadband and current calls with vm.

May try vm customer retentions first but I'm getting stuffed at the moment.

May also try sky if I can use my existing physical line for their service. ....

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 09:16:25 am »
SKY do not charge for arranging your phone line period. Sky pick up the tab whatever the cost is to BT.
NOT true! They do have offers where they pay for it and sometimes they say you have to pay yourself then they give credit on your account and sometimes they charge. Depends what offers they are running.

If you order on line (go and try now) and you order sky talk but don't have a phone line, they charge £30 to put one in. When I tried to order online, my Virgin service crashed yet again so I had to do it by phone. For some reason the price dropped to £10 when I did this  :happy2:

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 05:39:18 pm »
Garth obviously VM not wanting you to go so closed the internet down :grin:

Darren

Saint Steve

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 06:56:38 pm »
SKY do not charge for arranging your phone line period. Sky pick up the tab whatever the cost is to BT.
NOT true! They do have offers where they pay for it and sometimes they say you have to pay yourself then they give credit on your account and sometimes they charge. Depends what offers they are running.

If you order on line (go and try now) and you order sky talk but don't have a phone line, they charge £30 to put one in. When I tried to order online, my Virgin service crashed yet again so I had to do it by phone. For some reason the price dropped to £10 when I did this  :happy2:

Depends who you ask Garth.

I work for them.  :wink: