Make a donation

Author Topic: Hallo from Deutschland  (Read 8569 times)

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
Re: Hallo from Deutschland
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 01:30:51 pm »
Wie gehts?

Danke! Mir geht's gut, und dir?

You guys all speak pretty good German! I guess it comes in handy when heading out for your Ring days. Do you have organized Ring trips throughout the year?  I need to work on my english. Very rusty. The hard part is learning the technical terms. :confused:

Your English is better than a lot of English people's!  I used to be fluent-ish in German but have forgotten some of it now. When I go to Germany though I can speak enough to get by, and understand more than I can speak.

FOR SALE!

Offline KleinAberFein

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 05:08:38 pm »
GolfGirl - thank you very much, that's so kind of you to say. I am always surprised at how many brits are fluent in german. How is it that you come to speak german? did you learn in school? I am finding that writing in english speaking forums is good for me to practice my english. I don't want my english to get rusty so I am trying to practice with a subject that interests me...cars!

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 05:42:50 pm »
I studied it at GCSE and A-Level.  That was a while ago now though, hence why I've forgotten some :grin: Today's youth can't speak proper English at all, you should teach them a thing or two :grin:  

Welcome to the forum anyway :happy2: 

PS. I love Germany too :happy2:

FOR SALE!

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 05:47:38 pm »
Wilkommen  :drinking:

Blimey!  I Thought I was back in Belgium then! 

Welcome Rainer, and get some pictures up!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 05:51:36 pm »
Wilkommen  :drinking:

Blimey!  I Thought I was back in Belgium then! 

....I'm sure it was France and not Belgium  :laugh:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 05:54:54 pm »

Your English is excellent - Some English folks can't even spell.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 06:07:36 pm »
Hello gents!

Danke! Many thanks for the warm welcome. I'm currently based near Hamburg though I travel quite a bit so never quite know where I am!  :laugh: I definitely plan to drive the Ring with the car when time and weather permit. I don't want to crash my "new" baby. I've been looking at the suspension forum a bit and there is lots of interesting parts and tuning philosophies to be found. I'm looking forward to learning more about this car and what to do best. I was at Automechanika a few weeks ago and saw a stand from an Australian (?) company called Whiteline. I saw they had some TÜV products available for my car but it seems none of the German forums have experience with this brand? Are they a good brand? The people at the stand were very friendly and knowledgeable. I saw that some of you have this WALK? I have to do more reading on that. But first, i learn the car then put parts on. i have to understand what this car handles. I wish I had more time to drive it!

Danke!

Rainer
Wie gehts?

welcome to the forum.  I spent the last 9 years living in germany.  Initially in Celle just outside hannover, then in moenchongladback down south.  Really miss germany alot, hoping to move back next year

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 07:37:14 pm »
Willkommen! Let us see some pics of your car when you get a chance - oh and 'ich liebe Deutschland'  :drinking: Ive been a few times to the F1 at Hockenheim (stayed in a lovely town called Bad Durkheim) and ive also been to Dresden , which blew me away , love the Frauenkirche there , a stunning rebuilding job.

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 09:57:11 pm »
Hello gents!

Danke! Many thanks for the warm welcome. I'm currently based near Hamburg though I travel quite a bit so never quite know where I am!  :laugh: I definitely plan to drive the Ring with the car when time and weather permit. I don't want to crash my "new" baby. I've been looking at the suspension forum a bit and there is lots of interesting parts and tuning philosophies to be found. I'm looking forward to learning more about this car and what to do best. I was at Automechanika a few weeks ago and saw a stand from an Australian (?) company called Whiteline. I saw they had some TÜV products available for my car but it seems none of the German forums have experience with this brand? Are they a good brand? The people at the stand were very friendly and knowledgeable. I saw that some of you have this WALK? I have to do more reading on that. But first, i learn the car then put parts on. i have to understand what this car handles. I wish I had more time to drive it!

Danke!

Rainer
Wie gehts?

welcome to the forum.  I spent the last 9 years living in germany.  Initially in Celle just outside hannover, then in moenchongladback down south.  Really miss germany alot, hoping to move back next year

Janner! I have friends of the family in Munchengladbach. Is this the same place? I know it is spelt differently but then again, you have probably spelt it in German.
I went there for a few days before and after the Forum "Ring" trip earlier this year. My mum grew up in Krefeld, (not far away) and I have a brother in Munich :happy2:

The rest of my family are Italian.  :grin:

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:02:07 pm by monte »

Offline KleinAberFein

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 10:32:11 pm »
GolfGirl - its funny but we have the same problem in Germany. I can't understand half of what the younger people are saying these days. so much slang and bad grammar. but german grammar is really hard, i can understand why no one tries to learn it.

StokeBalloon - thank you! I will try to get pics up as soon as I can. But the car is stock for now. One might as well just look in the catalog. They have better pics!

RedRobin - thank you! I love your t-shirt.  Very funny. I love the British sense of humor. Very dry. Ah, I was also reading your long thread on the Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit. I'm really interested in this part but no one on the German forums knows about Whiteline or this part. At the least, my quick search has not found anything. Only on UK and USA forums. But I found some info on German Subaru forum. Unfortunately, we Germans are not "early adopters" so we are very hesitant about buying a new "untested" part. So I am trying to read as much as I can before buying. Maybe someone else in Germany will be the test pig? I can wait.

dmac1969  - thanks! You know Dresden is amazing what they have done with this city. to rebuild it almost 100% and for it to look so good and "true". Amazing. But then I look at "real" old buildings that survived the war and I wonder to myself if Dresden is "fake" because of the rebuild, that it isn't more than a Las Vegas copy. But then I sit in front of one of those new/old buildings and say it does not matter. They are simply beautiful and a testament to man's ability to move forward. Oh. so philosophical. Too much for car forum.  :wink:

Janner_Sy - thank you too. You know, hannover is a good city to learn german. they speak the most accent free german there!

You know, the advantage of writing in the forum is I have my dictionary here and I can check on some things. And take my time to write a bit. You don't know its taken me 30 min to type this sentence!

But, once again, thank you for the kind words, i feel very welcome here and am enjoying my stay so far.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:33:48 pm by KleinAberFein »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2010, 10:48:16 pm »
hopefully in the next year or so i would like to visit Germany,heard so many good things about it..your english is better than mine :happy2:

Offline redgem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 11:27:06 pm »
Hi and welcome :happy2:

Offline KleinAberFein

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2010, 11:30:19 pm »
Thanks again. Yes, I think its worth a visit, at the very least to have a good run on some unrestricted Autobahn. Its nice to stretch your and your car's leg a bit. Naturally a visit to the Ring is most auto enthusiast's Mecca! But there are many nice Ring package deals from the UK. Nothing stopping you!

Offline 94Luke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 05:50:46 pm »
Welcome to the forum  :happy2:

I studied it at GCSE and A-Level.  That was a while ago now though, hence why I've forgotten some :grin: Today's youth can't speak proper English at all, you should teach them a thing or two :grin:  

Welcome to the forum anyway :happy2: 

PS. I love Germany too :happy2:

Oi!!!  :fighting:  :angry015:  :grin:

I did German at GCSE and now I'm studying it for A level too, want to be able to speak it, be handy when I visit the ring!

GolfGirl - its funny but we have the same problem in Germany. I can't understand half of what the younger people are saying these days. so much slang and bad grammar. but german grammar is really hard, i can understand why no one tries to learn it.

Definitely agree with that, trying to remember when ein goes to einen and du goes to dir is hard! Should start reading German forums like you do, I've had the idea before but have never got round to it!

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 08:38:54 pm »
hopefully in the next year or so i would like to visit Germany,heard so many good things about it..your english is better than mine :happy2:

You should go , once youve tried the beer over there you will never look at a flat warm pint of Fosters the same way again!  :signLOL:
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)