Make a donation

Author Topic: AMD remap - believe it or not  (Read 5267 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
AMD remap - believe it or not
« on: October 12, 2010, 03:03:28 pm »
Guys, you may remember a posting from myself a few weeks ago on the AMD remap I had.
240 Bhp and 264.5 lb/ft torque @ 3094 Rpm
Having had 3 tankfulls now of V-power, and a reason to visit AMD because my Milltek was rattling under severe acceleration, I decided to get the exhaust sorted and another rolling road done to put my mind at rest regarding the promised figures of extra BHP with the higher RON.
I can honestly say I'm absolutely astounded and extremely happy to post the new outputs.
So to all those on the previous thread that were laughing or dubious on the 20-25 extra gains on the BHP, my new figures are as follows :-
260.7 Bhp and 294.4 lb/ft torque @ 3102 Rpm  :drinking:
So the V-power has a massive gain!!!  :jumping:
All comments most welcome?
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: AMD remap - believe it or not
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 03:29:22 pm »
Im sure we would all like pictures and graphs!  I am a believer in v power but have no experience in RR or tunning as the car is all standard, but one thing I do know is my engine is alot quieter and less tappetty when iddling on v power than any of the other fuels...

And thats a great result for an extra few pence a litre!  Suppose also a bit of adjustment for the mods settling in as well but still good.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 03:34:38 pm »
They did say the ECU remap was specifically done for 99 RON, so thats probably why there was such a great increase?
BTW, I'm trying to find an option on how to post pictures, but I can't work it out.......probably me being stupid.  Can you tell me how to do it, then I'll post both of the graphs.  :party:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 03:53:00 pm »
Iv never heard so much cr#p in all my life!  :grin:

Jussa, that rusty skip of yours would fall apart doing 80!! My vans faster!!  :fighting:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 04:04:14 pm »
what RR was this on?? what other mods? is the milltek a TBE??

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 04:05:15 pm »
They did say the ECU remap was specifically done for 99 RON, so thats probably why there was such a great increase?
BTW, I'm trying to find an option on how to post pictures, but I can't work it out.......probably me being stupid.  Can you tell me how to do it, then I'll post both of the graphs.  :party:

You need to upload the pictures to a photo sharing site like picasa then you, click the buttom in the post reply screen its the third from the left on the second row in my browser and paste the pic url in the middle.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 04:06:42 pm »
 :signLOL: Is that you Lee?

Seriously, can somebody tell me how to post the graph, where do I find the option to post a scanned pic?  :confused:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 04:08:01 pm »
what RR was this on?? what other mods? is the milltek a TBE??

The type im this case isn't quite so important, as both runs were done on the same rollers, so if you ignore the definitive figures and consider the difference, then you are only left with atmospheric conditions and the way the car was strapped down.

Think from the last post he has a TBE and air box.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 04:12:05 pm »
Yeah its me! :evilgrin:

I thought you were in I.T?? and you cant work out how to post pics?? :rolleye:

:signLOL:

:worthless:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 04:14:03 pm »
OK, I'll try to work it out in a minute.....
Milltek turbo back and AMD remap......  :driver:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 04:18:52 pm »
i dont understand then?? the figures would be spot on, as the map hadnt settled last time.

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 04:21:01 pm »
I'd be more inclined to look at it the other way around. An agressive map tuned to run on 99RON and we all know cars are far more happy winding back the power if the fuel it finds itself drinking isnt up to what it wants.

So i'd more put it down to having $hit 95 RON from somewhere when you got the initial reading, or it being more tightly set on 99RON making it harder for the car to adapt to the crappy 95 stuff
Ant

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 04:30:25 pm »
I'm busy installing Picasa now, so will have it sorted shortly!!
What a PALAVA, why can't you not just click a button to upload a pic like most sites  :rolleye:
Apollo13 is correct in saying I'm in IT,  but this way to upload the pics takes the biscuit  :signLOL:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 04:34:21 pm »
i dont understand then?? the figures would be spot on, as the map hadnt settled last time.

Would have been good to know what power it was putting out after settling and adaptation on the same 95, Jussa can you confirm the other mods you have on the car I cant find the previous thread to confirm if it was a TBE.  

You dont need to install it Jussa you can use it within a browser, they just like to get you to have the software, you can also use it to edit details such as reg names etc out which is handy.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 04:36:10 pm »
Below is the graph and readings :-