Make a donation

Author Topic: AMD remap - believe it or not  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: AMD remap - believe it or not
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 04:42:40 pm »
Not sure why they didnt show up in your post but here they are, and the atmospheric detail is great to have.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 04:43:27 pm »
Didn't work, and I have no idea how it does work???
Can anybody explain fully how to post a pic that you can see in the thread???
I'm just going to post the URL's for now...

http://picasaweb.google.com/justinblazarus/GTi#5527182866297601362

http://picasaweb.google.com/justinblazarus/GTi#5527182877736061346

If you want to see a clearer picture you can download it, open it up and zoom in!!
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 04:44:51 pm »
RichN83.....how the hell did you do that  :signLOL:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 04:46:52 pm »
Done it for you, not sure why it didnt work, as I could access the image url from your post very odd!!!!  Looks very good, and all the atmospheric conditions are nearly the same, and it also shows the correction factor they used, so the settling adapatations and the better fuel gave an extra 20hp but importantly 30lbft of torques.  :driver:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 04:50:46 pm »
Sorry mate phone died,

Yeah weird, could get the urls from your last post!

All looks good though, definate improvement and conditions were the same.

Rich beat me to it!!
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 05:05:16 pm »
[img ]http://url here[/img]

its hard to type it out but the above is the txt that clicking the picture icon above inserts I have added a space between img and the ] so it shows.  think you might just have had an extra space in the url as it couldnt fetch a preview so left them as blank boxes.

Anyway the important thing is nice curves with progressive power, but importantly how does it feel?  :jumping:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 05:20:59 pm »
 :signLOL: Let's just say it feels ORGASMIC  :driver:

I was very close to installing their Pipercross air intake system £249.99 fitted.....they reckon that's the best for the MK5, I mentioned the Forge twintake, but they still insisted the Pipercross would be better? 
Either way with or without intake I'm a happy man!!!  :drinking:

Offline Robert74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 08:14:32 pm »
My 2006 GTI DSG made 280 bhp on the AMD rollers on the 31/08/10. It has stage 2 AMD map, TBE and Pipercross panel filter. Always running on 99. Their readings do seem to vary a bit.

At the Skoda rolling road day at AMD in June(I think) all the cars seemed to show power readings as the owners expected. Some of the forum members were there.

I am going to JKM on Saturday so I will be very interested to see what my car shows on their rollers. Providing I get it back from the bodyshop in time.
2006 GTI 5 door DSG

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 08:30:05 pm »

If you want to see a clearer picture you can download it, open it up and zoom in!!

Have a read of this for your image posting.  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,945.0.html

And i reckon with the pipercross intake your car should be seeing 340 BHP on those rollers.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 08:43:47 pm »
I was very close to installing their Pipercross air intake system £249.99 fitted.....they reckon that's the best for the MK5, I mentioned the Forge twintake, but they still insisted the Pipercross would be better?

i might need to look into that. have you got anymore info#? i just cannot afford a twintake or itg if i could find one lol-for the next few months(read 6-9) but i might manage 250 fitted just after crimbo.... :drool:
.... esp as i have a little package arriving from dave the brake verrrrrryyyyy soooooooon woop woop :pomppomp:

And i reckon with the pipercross intake your car should be seeing 340 BHP on those rollers

mmmm i,m feeling sarcasm vibes seeping thru :signLOL:

matsu

keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 08:47:49 pm »
 :signLOL: I reckon the sarcasm is in there good and proper  :P

AMD told me that I would probably only see and extra 5-10 Bhp with the Pipercross, but they reckon because of the intake the turbo would spool a lot quicker and be less restrictive!  :driver:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 09:50:03 pm »
nvm
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 09:52:49 pm by bacillus »
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 05:55:55 pm »
I like AMD but I have a feeling their rollers can be a bit optimistic - although not sure that massively out, so it may be you've got lucky with your car, and maybe others would see less on the same map etc.

I had a Mk4 Ibiza Cupra make 215bhp after a remap on AMD's rollers, they are 180bhp stock admitedly, but even so, it was more the 200-205bhp that would have been expected...

That said, im not saying its right or wrong, must be a good map... Might get myself down there! :wink:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 06:00:05 pm »
:signLOL: Let's just say it feels ORGASMIC  :driver:

Either way with or without intake I'm a happy man!!!  :drinking:

maybe you have a TBE and just dont know it  :signLOL:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 07:02:34 pm »

You should have used these links.  :smiley:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Ta9z4sgRWUY/TLR_iFpLPVI/AAAAAAAAABE/w33zPVyRvao/s128/AMD1.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Ta9z4sgRWUY/TLR_iwQUSaI/AAAAAAAAABM/pFZh6hOempQ/s128/AMD2.jpg
Without traction power is nothing!