Make a donation

Author Topic: Applying for jobs via agencies  (Read 1294 times)

Offline chungE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Applying for jobs via agencies
« on: October 09, 2010, 09:43:56 am »
I've applied for a job via an agency in the past I've normally applied direct to the company/department. How does it work via and agency? They've invited me in for an interview on Wednesday, do I treat this as an Interview for the job itself or as a chat about myself? Would I normally be interviewed by the company itself once more if they really like me?

h4rdy

Re: Applying for jobs via agencies
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:46:29 am »
I was interviewed by the actual company for a job many years ago but the agency sent me all the details and even called me to offer me the job.

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 10:10:25 am »
the agency will normally interview you regards to if your able to do the job, and many basic tasks. Then send you onto the company for a interview

Offline chungE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 12:37:18 pm »
Ok thats good to know thanks.

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 10:54:00 pm »
In my experience, the agency "interview" is jsut a crock of sh*t for them to fill their databases with stuff about you and a waste of time. I've had a couple of jobs now via an agency that wanted me to come in for a chat and i just fobbed them off and still got put forward for a job and ended up getting them.

If you've not done this stuff before then might be worth going anyway but i'd be mindful of future invites if this one turns out to be like mine have in the past
Ant

Offline chungE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 11:29:13 pm »
So I went in and pretty much treated it like an Interview, the girl there seemed ok. She says she was going to edit my CV a bit send a copy to me and a copy to the company, she was happy my answers but I needed to sell myself a bit more hopefully I will get a response from the company though. Not had any emails from her since though.