Make a donation

Author Topic: Damged Wheel Council NOT accepting liability  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Damged Wheel Council NOT accepting liability
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 10:43:25 am »
As above very strange place for a nut & bolt??.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline skifast

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 10:47:55 am »
a friend of mines son hit a pothole which did over £1200 of damage (big pothole!)after the usual section58 defence he paid a solicitor to take it on .the information he got from the council showed this pothole had been reported to them many times over a period of weeks before his son hit it including one from a cyclist who had hit it and been thrown off his bike.still the council would not admit liability.So he took them to court using a barrister.the council argued that they simply could not deal with every complaint immediately but that they delt with them in a reasonable time(what is a reasonable time??)
the judge found in favour of the council!

h4rdy

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 02:11:55 pm »
h4rdy your only screwing yourself over with suggestions like that, the money he is trying to get comes out of your tax!

I would rather it went towards a fellow working GTI owner than....................?

Offline CaptainJack

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 02:29:23 pm »
Yet park in the wrong bay, a little out of the white lines, make an honest mistake and they'll have one of their uniformed creatures stick a hundred quid - 50 if you pay within two weeks, hooray - bill on your windscreen faster than a New York minute.

Councils see motorists simply in terms of revenue..cash cows to be milked. Extract as much as you can and give as little back as possible.

Offline james550213

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 12:14:47 am »
I agree with some of things said like parking so close to the kerb!! It's not worth the risk. When we pay sooooo much for road tax so our highways are in good condition, it does get under my skin because they just want to hide behind their law books!
I thought they might have been a bit more understanding and come out with some kind of offer even if it was half the cost!
STUPID ME!

Been in touch with C.A.B. they have given me some options to try so will post up when I have news, just in case anyone else has any problems.

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 12:37:05 am »
sorry to read about that mate and even worse for it to happen on fresh wheels.    i think the bolt is something to do with finding levels in the area, like when you see a guy using a camera on a stand and another guy further down the road holding a measuring stick.

hope you get it sorted fella
Still Here!