Make a donation

Author Topic: Rolling Road RESULTS @ JKM - Oct 16th 2010....  (Read 23195 times)

Offline Blade

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Taking a sabatical from cars
    • Email
Re: Rolling Road RESULTS @ JKM - Oct 16th 2010....
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 09:37:13 pm »
I thought you were running today?

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 09:37:33 pm »
If you wish to, please share your results, stating which car and give an overview of your mods. Plot graphs would be welcome and helpful to those interested.

How did yours do then, Robin?

Thanks from me to you and the gang at JKM for the day out btw. Enjoyed it muchly.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 09:40:20 pm »

No mate, had to cancel as that would of been 3 weekends on the bounce doing car meets. Oh and it clashed with our anniversary trip to York and she wasn't to keen on going by herself for some reason..  :confused:  :grin:
You not fancy it next Sunday bud?

Offline Blade

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Taking a sabatical from cars
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 09:46:13 pm »

No mate, had to cancel as that would of been 3 weekends on the bounce doing car meets. Oh and it clashed with our anniversary trip to York and she wasn't to keen on going by herself for some reason..  :confused:  :grin:

Unfortunately i,m stuck at work. To be honest its a real long drive for me and if i did decide to go i would prefer to do it in the summer. Looks like an excellent turn out though. B sure to post up your best time. You hoping for 12,s

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 09:49:52 pm »
Revo Stage 1, Revo DSG Stage 1, K&N Panel Filter.

Today's results: 270.4hp, 260 lb/ft.

Excactly a month ago it made 277.3hp, 278 lb/ft. Was advised by Keith last time to change from Momentum99 to V-Power to try to increase the torque figure, it has decreased even more though!  :scared: Seems to be a possible underlying issue somewhere so I have booked it in with JKM to do some on road logging etc.  :happy2:

Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 09:53:59 pm »

Unfortunately i,m stuck at work. To be honest its a real long drive for me and if i did decide to go i would prefer to do it in the summer. Looks like an excellent turn out though. B sure to post up your best time. You hoping for 12,s

Would like to think so, 13.1 @ Stage 2 with just panel filter, so with intake, pump and Stage 2+ map I would hope so, but who knows?  :confused:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 10:56:24 pm »
What was the drive home like? :wink:
Much, much better, thank you!

You could of probably squeezed another few bhp out of her on a higher boost setting mate (7, 8 or even 9).
Yep - I'm gonna go for B7T5F9 and see how that works. Or I may decide to head down to JKM in the future and optimise the settings using the RR.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 11:08:42 pm »
I think a trip to motorscopes rolling road  pays dividends, at least you can walk away with a smile on your face  :laugh:

Saint Steve

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 08:44:30 am »
Run 1: 263bhp@6500rpm, 265lb/ft@3600rpm..........B1T6F9
Run 2: 275bhp@6500rpm, 275lb/ft@3900rpm..........B5T6F9

Did the first run and wondered why it wasn't anywhere near 280bhp. JKM said it was a healthy looking graph and the car ran fine but the boost settings would need to be altered. I thought I'd left them at whatever Revo had loaded them as at GTI International.Turns out the settings were at B1T6F9. With the help of T_T, we adjusted them to B5T6F9 (I couldn't recall the precise settings) and ran the second time. After a few goes, it reached 275bhp. After having a chat with a few guys, I will readjust the settings to B7T5F9 and see what happens.

EDIT: I've had a look at the settings on my SPS switch. Default is B6T2F9, A is B1T6F9, B is B6T6F9, C is B7T6F9. Not sure how the default was set at that, but B6T6F9 is what's written in the booklet by the Revo guys.

You could of probably squeezed another few bhp out of her on a higher boost setting mate (7, 8 or even 9). Good figures though  :happy2: Is this a Stage 2 GTI I take it?

*EDIT* Just read on other thread that yours is a Stage 1 Ed30 :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: I'm sorry, but what is it with JKM's rollers and mapped cars? As Chungsters .:R was making about the same as a Stage 1 Ed30 with the same engine!!! How is this at all possible? If it is, then there are an awful lot of people on this forum waving there willys in the air after thinking their gain of 5bhp on their cars from a Stage 1 map is out of this world  :surprised:
Are they all wrong?

Glad I couldn't make it now TBH, as I would of only left there, having driven all that way, p*ssed off after probably being told me car was less than 300 bhp..  :stupid:

Rant over..

Quick question, what gear should you think rolling road power runs should be taken Ben?

and Lee, whats the manufacturers stated bhp and torque figures for you Stock R out of interest? comparing it to jkm's rollers?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 08:56:02 am »

I think a trip to motorscopes rolling road  pays dividends, at least you can walk away with a smile on your face  :laugh:

....If your point is that going on JKM's DD rollers doesn't pay dividends and you don't walk away smiling, you ought to think again. As has been said countless times and is appreciated by most drivers, it's all about driveability and the plotted curves - Not all about willy waving the highest bhp numbers. It's all relative and a rolling-road session is an opportunity to health-check your car. Several folks were very glad that JKM were able to identify and solve minor problems on their cars and will have driven away smiling.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 09:04:38 am »

How did yours do then, Robin?

....255.8 bhp + a good torque curve and AFR. Was 261.4 @ JKM in February. She's not the fastest kid on the block but she handles extremely well and has plenty of power for enthusiastic driving - I'm happy   :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 09:13:14 am »

if your posting graphs get them in the sticky dyno thread at the top of this sub forum. 

good to meet you guys :happy2:

....Hi Sy - Good to meet you at last!  :happy2:

I've added the suggestion in my original post.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 10:04:00 am »

Quick question, what gear should you think rolling road power runs should be taken Ben?

and Lee, whats the manufacturers stated bhp and torque figures for you Stock R out of interest? comparing it to jkm's rollers?

It should either be done in 3rd or 4th depending on the operaters preference. Some say 4th as it is 1:1 but it is all irrelevant as all you are doing is measuring how much work the engine can do.

It will produce the same hp in 6th as 1st but to measure it in 1st would be very difficult  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 10:06:35 am »
^^^^
I noticed that Jim was very definite about running in 4th gear when asked on Saturday.

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 10:20:03 am »
Run 1: 263bhp@6500rpm, 265lb/ft@3600rpm..........B1T6F9
Run 2: 275bhp@6500rpm, 275lb/ft@3900rpm..........B5T6F9

Did the first run and wondered why it wasn't anywhere near 280bhp. JKM said it was a healthy looking graph and the car ran fine but the boost settings would need to be altered. I thought I'd left them at whatever Revo had loaded them as at GTI International.Turns out the settings were at B1T6F9. With the help of T_T, we adjusted them to B5T6F9 (I couldn't recall the precise settings) and ran the second time. After a few goes, it reached 275bhp. After having a chat with a few guys, I will readjust the settings to B7T5F9 and see what happens.

EDIT: I've had a look at the settings on my SPS switch. Default is B6T2F9, A is B1T6F9, B is B6T6F9, C is B7T6F9. Not sure how the default was set at that, but B6T6F9 is what's written in the booklet by the Revo guys.

Eddy - Revo Stage 1 with vwr panel filter, V-power

Run 1: 252bhp@6400rpm, 250lb/ft@3400rpm..........B0T0F0 had disconnected battery and did not know it resets everything to valet mode  :stupid: :stupid: and cleared some fault codes  (thanks to those who helped sort it all out for me.) :happy2:

Run 2: 274bhp@6100rpm, 290lb/ft@3700rpm..........B7T5F9

Had a great day and good to catch up with people, thanks to all.  :drinking:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:24:33 am by Thor »
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI