Make a donation

Author Topic: Costco damaged my alloys.  (Read 9483 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Costco damaged my alloys.
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 07:48:56 pm »
that is very good info there.  id be willing to bet they would pay out for this

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 08:05:30 pm »
Thats some letter, that even scared me abit.

Any chance you're a solicitor? :happy2:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 09:13:52 pm »
Hi,

I have just ran this by the wife (solicitor).  Good letter TT, but modify it slightly:

The expectation of a reply within 7 days is a little unreasonable, this being your first letter to Costco regarding the issue.  Change it to 14 days. 

Also, you could should attach your photo evidence of the damage, the initial invoice, and details of the cost of repair/replacement.  This may prevent there being any delay whilst correspondence is exchanged between yourself and Costco.  (As you have already sent the evidence of damage :wink:)

Good luck,
Mark
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:20:21 pm by markc »
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Ifti

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 09:14:52 pm »
Excellent letter!!  :happy2:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 10:49:37 pm »
TT and Markc,

What can I say but a huge thank you for your letter (TT) and (Markc & Solicitor wife) for the valueble input to my damage alloy wheel caused by Costco.

It has definately made it easier for me to proceed in the right path hopefully the right result too.

:happy2: :happy2:

Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 10:57:13 pm »
Good stuff fella's!  :congrats:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 10:59:23 pm »
Good luck mate. :happy2:

Funny that my local Costco took one look at me and didn't dick me around. Don't really see it myself.  :grin:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 11:06:44 pm »
Good luck mate. :happy2:

Funny that my local Costco took one look at me and didn't dick me around. Don't really see it myself.  :grin:

Fancy going with me on my next visit?  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2010, 02:26:48 pm »
I can see the court case now:

"and how did this tyre leaver end up inside the costco's managers rear end"

"well i didn't cause that damage, it was like that before we turned up"

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2010, 05:43:31 pm »
Thats some letter, that even scared me abit.
LOL - it's meant to scare the recepient! :grin:

Any chance you're a solicitor? :happy2:
Nope - but I have 'contacts'. :wink:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 05:50:25 pm »
Hi,

I have just ran this by the wife (solicitor).  Good letter TT, but modify it slightly:

The expectation of a reply within 7 days is a little unreasonable, this being your first letter to Costco regarding the issue.  Change it to 14 days. 
Actually, if you re-read the thread - this letter is NOT the first contact.  The OP has already complained to the branch manager - so Costco are already 'on notice' of said dispute.  :P  So 7 days is perfectly reasonable.  But I also mentioned at the foot of my post to still allow 14 days as common courtesy.  :wink:

Also, you could should attach your photo evidence of the damage, the initial invoice, and details of the cost of repair/replacement.  This may prevent there being any delay whilst correspondence is exchanged between yourself and Costco.  (As you have already sent the evidence of damage :wink:)
Costco branch manager has already been presented with the physical evidence - so whilst photos may be useful, there is no real need.  Also, with some photos, the damage may not acutally show up as good as in the flesh - so by sending photos - you may actually diminish your right of claim.

Keep as much evidence close to your chest - IF the quality of the evidence diminishes the fact.
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2010, 05:52:57 pm »
TT and Markc,

What can I say but a huge thank you for your letter (TT) and (Markc & Solicitor wife) for the valueble input to my damage alloy wheel caused by Costco.

It has definately made it easier for me to proceed in the right path hopefully the right result too.

:happy2: :happy2:
Keep us updated. :happy2:
------

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 03:50:14 am »
TT, I said first letter, not contact.  7 days IS unreasonable, (from a solicitor), due to a staff being on leave, general office issues etc.  If he doent want to send the evidence straight away it will just delay the process, .......but that is up to him. 

Anyhow, I said good letter to you ? and offered some more help to the lad via a good source.  Nowt wrong with that ! :P
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers