Make a donation

Author Topic: Techno People - TV, Blue-ray, HD  (Read 4924 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Techno People - TV, Blue-ray, HD
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 10:08:24 am »
buffalo NAS seems pretty good!!! Might go for that   :happy2:

As it has media software on it - can I link directly to the TV? or does it HAVE to got through the3 PS3?

Reason < just want to know the lead I need for it - HD from buffalo to PS3/TV ?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 11:14:13 am »
buffalo NAS seems pretty good!!! Might go for that   :happy2:

As it has media software on it - can I link directly to the TV? or does it HAVE to got through the3 PS3?

Reason < just want to know the lead I need for it - HD from buffalo to PS3/TV ?

the buffalo is dlna enabled which means it has the capability to stream to a device, you still need a ps3 or a blu ray player with hdmi out to connect to the TV. have a go at setting up the ps3 as listed in that thread, if you cant get on with it because like i said it only plays certain file types then its probably worth getting a decent blu ray player with dlna (but check what video formats it plays first)

you can then set up 5.1 surround through the amp, make sure you use the hdmi cable for "true HD audio" there are also lots of boxes you need to tick in the ps3's setup before it will output true hd audio, you can see the list of them here:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/2_60/settings/audiooutput.html

what amplifier are you using?

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 12:53:56 pm »
When it comes to nas drives all my major experience is with the brand QNAP, they are probably a little out your price range though. They are however the Bentley of NAS enclosures!

I have used the buffalo one briefly and was ok though.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 01:54:05 pm »
1) Right, I have just got back from Currys - found the TV I want. Box ones ticked.

2) The TV is DLNA enabled - which I've been told is the Network port on the rear ?

I have no sound system/amp yet - going back in an hour.

These guys don't do a NAS media box, they have told me to buy this little interface unit which goes between the box HD and the TV.......

DLNA < Is this is a network cable (fitting)? (what I've been told) will this stream true HD? or is this guy a cock? is it just simple HDMI lead from NAS to PS3 - and HDMI to TV
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 02:31:18 pm »
DLNA basically means your tv is setup to stream video/audio from another DLNA device.

It does this by connecting to your network in the house via wifi/cable.

Very easy to setup + use.

Do you have a best buy store near you?

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 02:56:36 pm »
MMmmmm ish-can get to one. just go there and they will kit me up?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:06:32 pm by Johnny_tro »

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 04:08:57 pm »
Pretty much. Which one is closest to you?

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 04:49:10 pm »
Pretty much. Which one is closest to you?

im sorry to interject but i would not be going to best buys to have some snotty nosed kid on his gap yah telling me what has a better sound/picture for my home cinema  :confused:

if you want some free advice dude pm me your wishlist and budget, eg do you want an all in one system or seperate speakers, amp etc etc etc.

sorry dont mean to offend thats just my opinion  :happy2:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 04:55:36 pm »
Maybe you should take a trip there. All audio staff are very well trained and know their stuff. Currently only have 4stores so dilution of knowledge is small, there are some very geeky people working in those stores that have worked and spends thousands over the years. I can tell you its 1000% better than a dixons/comet experience. There was another reason I asked that I would pm the OP had it been the 1near me

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 04:59:14 pm »
avforums have loads of info, too much sometimes!

You got it onthe TV, if it has DLNA built in the just connect it to your network and it will find the NAS and stream media from it.  I use my PS3 all the time to stream HD media to the TV - its great.