Make a donation

Author Topic: The big switch over. APR to REVO  (Read 29965 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: The big switch over. APR to REVO
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2010, 12:56:39 am »

Has an air of messy divorce about it and then flaunting your new bow

....Yep - Awesome's new partner in bed is Revo. APR will naturally be wanting to preserve their reputation as good performers regardless of Awesome. I reckon that if I wasn't already happy with Revo I'd be APR tuned - None of the others appeal.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2010, 01:34:52 am »

Has an air of messy divorce about it and then flaunting your new bow

....Yep - Awesome's new partner in bed is Revo. APR will naturally be wanting to preserve their reputation as good performers regardless of Awesome. I reckon that if I wasn't already happy with Revo I'd be APR tuned - None of the others appeal.

You could put it that way :grin:. Which, I suppose, is very true.  There is nothing wrong with APR's software and even less wrong with their hardware.  Awesome has made a choice to go with Revo, which was a surprise to me and I guess by the reaction, most people.  They have their reasons for switching, rightly or wrongly.  Thats up to you to decide.
I just fancied a free change, and at this moment in time, a good one. :drinking:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:37:35 am by ukdub »
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2010, 08:53:20 am »
@ ukdub:

I'm not judging whether Awesome/APR/Revo are right or wrong - It's their businesses to do as they think in their best interests  :happy2:

I do think it's a pity if APR have less presence in the UK as a result. I'm now curious about the JKM-APR relationship  :popcornsoda:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2010, 08:54:54 am »
Strange JKM aren't listed as a dealer on the goapr site!!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2010, 08:56:24 am »

....The plot thickens!   :popcornsoda:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2010, 08:56:52 am »
Something free for my hobby, yes.  :smiley: :happy2:

I think that's the bottom line, suckered in by a £500 + VAT product for free  :evilgrin:

It's human nature and nothing unique to you mate.  :happy2:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2010, 09:24:13 am »
Something free for my hobby, yes.  :smiley: :happy2:

I think that's the bottom line, suckered in by a £500 + VAT product for free  :evilgrin:

It's human nature and nothing unique to you mate.  :happy2:

....Absolutely, but you wouldn't take a freebie if it was rubbish just because it was free. Though I guess that some people would!  :happy2:

Offline Awesomemark

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2010, 09:49:05 am »
Our reasons for switching to revo are pure and simply based on the software doing exactly what it says on the tin or to our suprise exeeding the stated figures, but most of all to us is being able to offer customer support to all of you.

Awesome do not wish to enter a forum argument in front of our customers but will continue to publish our true findings,we have offered the foc charge Swop so that you are customers have the choice so we can carry on with our support, I also believe as customers are flashed over and their cars set up properly you will speak for the results yourselves  

As I previously stated if someone wants to discuss our reasons for choosing Revo then please feel free to phone myself or jim or our sales team at the office 0161 7760777.

And just for the record all APR results were the results recorded back to back Within half an hour of the Revo software being flashed and run, you can't be any fairer than that.

Remember this is a choice for all our customers to choose.

Regards mark ash
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:53:41 am by Awesomemark »

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2010, 09:56:29 am »
No doubt the results speak for themselves.
In a way i understand what and why Awesome did what they did. The americans can be difficult to deal with.
Though i would have liked that they had been more in contact with other dealers dependent on them regarding APR.
On a sidenote, the REVO results looks great, but bear in mind that if not easy then most tuners can tune for high figures, but this may result in other standard components not being able to take the abuse and needing upgrading.
The wise move is the conservative tune that doesn't cost further parts needing replacing.  :wink:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2010, 11:51:06 am »
first off thanks to Awesome for the graphs and Arin for taking the time to post on here in a professional manner  :happy2:

my thoughts

1) its always going to be 'difficult' due to the nature of the split to see the definitive wood from the trees.
2) Someone correct if Im wrong but I believe the protection mapping has been proved to exist in later REVO software, due to logged AFR dyno graphs
3) APR have always claimed compressor surge at 3-4krpm, REVO disagree so the maps differ in requested boost at this rpm by quite a lot.
4) for those of us with long running APR software we need to carefully consider changing, components tend to 'bed' together and if you change the power levels and delivery its game over.  e.g. clutch = bye bye

for me I intend to switch to REVO as I cant go without the support Awesome provides. Not that I have needed it for a long time but when/if I do then I need to know its there. It also reinforces to me how much weight this aspect carries.
I will also probably turn the boost setting down to preserve my clutch. high end power shouldnt be a problem.

I will of course be posting a review in due course  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Arin@APR

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2010, 06:00:59 pm »

I was missing some of the dealer information. I have it now and several have been added and updated.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2010, 06:44:28 pm »

I was missing some of the dealer information. I have it now and several have been added and updated.

....Link?   :happy2:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2010, 06:53:26 pm »

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2010, 07:01:58 pm »
It's there alright  :happy2:

Saint Steve

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2010, 08:39:16 pm »
Our reasons for switching to revo are pure and simply based on the software doing exactly what it says on the tin or to our suprise exeeding the stated figures, but most of all to us is being able to offer customer support to all of you.

Awesome do not wish to enter a forum argument in front of our customers but will continue to publish our true findings,we have offered the foc charge Swop so that you are customers have the choice so we can carry on with our support, I also believe as customers are flashed over and their cars set up properly you will speak for the results yourselves 

As I previously stated if someone wants to discuss our reasons for choosing Revo then please feel free to phone myself or jim or our sales team at the office 0161 7760777.

And just for the record all APR results were the results recorded back to back Within half an hour of the Revo software being flashed and run, you can't be any fairer than that.

Remember this is a choice for all our customers to choose.

Regards mark ash

Thats Nothing!!, go on Superchips own rollers, and their results will blow your Revo claims out the water :chicken: