Make a donation

Author Topic: s3dubbin's Audi S3  (Read 72359 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Re: s3dubbin's Audi S3
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2012, 11:35:25 pm »
Those brakes on the S3 were done by yours truly, better methods of affixing R8 brakes to a S3 the guy bought the whole setup and was determined to use the R8 discs. I would imagine there's a healthy 12-15mm spacer on there.

Stevie got R8 fronts under the stairs when it's Brake time let me know if that's what you're looking for..

I said to the owner you were one of a few that would have done them, spooky. Aye spacers on it. It might be my future car if i can get him to sell me it lol.
This arrived last night! Shez a beaut. Fingers crossed for a little work done tomorrow.   :drinking:

just one can, better way a 24 pack :drinking:

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:50 pm »
If you look closely Keith, it's a multi pack can  :laugh:

PM for details

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2012, 07:50:21 am »
Those brakes on the S3 were done by yours truly, better methods of affixing R8 brakes to a S3 the guy bought the whole setup and was determined to use the R8 discs. I would imagine there's a healthy 12-15mm spacer on there.

Stevie got R8 fronts under the stairs when it's Brake time let me know if that's what you're looking for..

I said to the owner you were one of a few that would have done them, spooky. Aye spacers on it. It might be my future car if i can get him to sell me it lol.
This arrived last night! Shez a beaut. Fingers crossed for a little work done tomorrow.   :drinking:

just one can, better way a 24 pack :drinking:

That was one very well looked after S3 by the previous owner, very nice bloke, probably one of the highest spec S3's in the UK. It's wanted for nothing that car, I'd say those brakes have done maybe 2000 miles in the 18 months since fitting, guy just used his van and left the S3 in the garage

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2012, 01:42:48 pm »
Scott - shez burnt out, stroked to death. Pillow was a bit lumpy trying to sleep with that under it last night.

George - Irn Bru and turbo's two of the best things in life.  :drinking:

Dave - Just need to get it up and running smooth out any niggles (make sure she doesnt go pop) then I will be in contact to talk stoppers and budget. They need to be black. As long as you say they are good enough then am happy.

Cheers troops!  :happy2:

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2012, 07:47:27 pm »
Little question for anybody in the know.......opinions or experiences needed. The big heavy duty coolent line running from the sump is seriously tight bordering on stretched it just makes it and no more could have been doing with an extra 5mm. Has anybody got any experience fitting one or how it should sit? Cheers.

These other parts were strapped on aswell, few little bits to tidy up and need to figure out if the intake will fit as this seems to be a problem area against the brake cylinder try and incorporate the itg somehow.

Been phoning around for views on the mapping side of things today, think ive found the right people................if she runs.  :drinking:

Not to long now!

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2012, 08:13:01 pm »
Looks great, keep the updates comming  :congrats:  :notworthy:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2012, 08:14:15 pm »
With the atp mani, make sure the surfaces are flat. The ones I have had have needed machining flat as they were miles off.

That oil return shouldn't be that tight.  Looks like they have sent a short line.  I doubt the driveshaft would fit around it either.

If you want a longer line then let me know.  I can get them made within a few days.

On the intake you will have to get something made up to fit as the kit is made for a lhd car.  On a xbow I did a while back I had sfs make a custom silicon elbow which worked perfectly.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2012, 09:00:34 pm »
yeh reckon you will have probs on the drive shaft , mine is tight on my 28 but not that bad , who you gonna get for the mapping ?

alex how much can you get the pipes made for ? i might be interested ?
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2012, 09:14:13 pm »
Fuk so you mean I need to take it back off again?? That is poor show.
Just had a right good nosey at teffs thread and his looks tighter than mine a little more kinked?
Would you mind me contacting you to organise the intake Alex? Really want something straight fit bolt on easy?

Software will be Revo mapping will be Falkland Performance. I was worried trying to find Revo dealer with rolling road (few in Scotland) and then found out it will be road mapped so all is sorted.

Cheers lads appreciate it. Stevie.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:21:31 pm by s3dubbin »

Offline strapper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2012, 09:21:11 pm »
Looking good now! Plenty of graft going into that! Falkland doing revo now?!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ctj2gs
Tornado red mk5 Gti no more
Tornado red 3dr mk5 R32, leather recaros, satnav, arm rest, electricaly folding wing mirrors, sunroof, parking sensors, wOOwzers I've just made a mess of my trousers!l
Mk7 Gti 5dr solid white

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2012, 09:23:41 pm »
Thats who Revo HQ recommended. You know how hard Alan works he is a gem of a man and for being a ford engine builder he certainly seems to know the TFSI.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:30:17 pm by s3dubbin »

Offline strapper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2012, 09:33:24 pm »
He'll be doing a tfsi transplant into that rs of his next haha!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wlgpoq
Tornado red mk5 Gti no more
Tornado red 3dr mk5 R32, leather recaros, satnav, arm rest, electricaly folding wing mirrors, sunroof, parking sensors, wOOwzers I've just made a mess of my trousers!l
Mk7 Gti 5dr solid white

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2012, 09:38:56 pm »
Kev at falkland will sort you out Stevie. Did you not see the post I put up a while ago about falkland now doing revo? She's getting there now, bet you can't wait  :driver:

PM for details

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2012, 09:43:14 pm »
Am not sure he will be there has been plenty anti vag swearing during the build.  :laugh:

Never seen your post Craig. They seemed interested when I phoned them was on for quite a bit. Plus only a hour up the road.  :happy2:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2012, 09:50:00 pm »
Thats who Revo HQ recommended. You know how hard Alan works he is a gem of a man and for being a ford engine builder he certainly seems to know the TFSI.  :happy2:
Star do revo as well now