Make a donation

Author Topic: s3dubbin's Audi S3  (Read 72315 times)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
Re: s3dubbin's Audi S3
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2012, 09:57:25 am »
Logging on the road is always gonna be more accurate as thats real world conditions. On a dyno as above artificial loadings and artificial wind and i guess the probe they put in the exhaust aint that accurate compared to vagcom, which should be bang on. Check your spark plugs regulary until your confident everything is right, they dont lie :happy2:

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2012, 10:58:43 am »
Cheers lads always good to get an opinion. Gauge might be an idea but I do totally trust revo and falkland so bloody helpful all of the time not like that shower of sh*t at extreme Motorsport. Both revo and falkland have road logged/road mapped my car on separate occasions and saying the figures are bang on. Probe was in the exhaust rob.

Stevie.  :happy2:

Offline dave

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2012, 02:29:08 pm »
Stevie I use kev at falkland for all my cars and all my mates cars too I trust him with my car too he isnt the kind of guy that does stuff just to please you if there's a problem he will tell it as it is. Extreme Motorsport I wouldn't go near them wouldn't send my worst enemy there! If kev says your car is fine and he's logged it and its all ok then I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Maybe get a gauge for AFR though just to keep an eye on things can't be too safe but I wouldn't listen to extreme

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2012, 06:20:51 pm »
Little clip a bit more professional.

Just wish Falkland had a 4wd rolling road. Extreme will get no more of my cash, so unhelpful disgusting customer service.

Cheers, Stevie.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:23:13 pm by s3dubbin »

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2012, 06:31:25 pm »
Have you got any logs? Would be good to see blocks 230, 031, 020 and 003.

Teff uses the hpfpupgrade pump with their 150 bar fprv.

You need to do some 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2012, 06:50:14 pm »
I have sent across my logs to you Alex. Your view would be massively appreciated. Do you mean log the figures during 0-60 and 1/4mile runs?

Ta, Stevie.  :happy2:

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2012, 08:59:02 pm »
As said stevie the zorst stick wont be as acurate as the reading direct from the sensors
The thing was the dyno operator said the car was boosting at 2 bar and it wasnt him that backed out on the run it was the car ?

Im not 100% sure about stuff like this but the fans were typical crap and probably only giving you a simulated 30mph air flow if that and was one of thr reasons why i didnt put my car on. this doesnt really explane why it was lean though if anything this would have the opposite effect. Speaking from revo and focus rs set up dv set is critical and can cause overboost if it was overboosting at 2bar instead of the set up of 1.8 as intended maybe the fuel system just cant cope with the increase in boost it seen on the dyno !
Whats caused the extra boost on the day thought dyno conditions ?
Defo didnt smell lean when it was running low down revs
Nostrels are still destroyed lol

Deffo worth getting something to monitor AFRs though not sure if you can get a scangauge for the s3 i had one for the RS (£120)

What kind of exhaust is on it ? I want !!

MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2012, 09:50:22 am »
I went back there to see if it was running correctly and he has said no again. Will log out on the road at 2bar and see what readings are coming out. It doesnt look lean and it doesnt smell lean. Last time out in August Revo wanted to lean it out but kept it safe. Its a BSH downpipe and a Milly back section. A gauge will be purchased soon. The good old rr lotto strikes again +/- 80bhp this time round.

Cheers, Stevie.  :drinking:

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2012, 10:05:36 am »
I went back there to see if it was running correctly and he has said no again. Will log out on the road at 2bar and see what readings are coming out. It doesnt look lean and it doesnt smell lean. Last time out in August Revo wanted to lean it out but kept it safe. Its a BSH downpipe and a Milly back section. A gauge will be purchased soon. The good old rr lotto strikes again +/- 80bhp this time round.

Cheers, Stevie.  :drinking:

aye the noble m12 shaped mr2 was up about 80 bhp haha

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: October 01, 2012, 06:42:37 pm »
Scary thing is that the noble is heading down to London this week searching for his missing ponies.........relying on extreme motorsports dyno being correct! Mad man.  :laugh:

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2012, 06:47:47 pm »
Scary thing is that the noble is heading down to London this week searching for his missing ponies.........relying on extreme motorsports dyno being correct! Mad man.  :laugh:

where is he taking it ?

haha boy has too much money!

its naw anywhere near 290.. must be at least 350 .

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: October 01, 2012, 07:19:27 pm »
Not sure exactly, Noble London where he bought it. Driving down, flying back, flying back down when ready and then driving back up. Alan Fulton needs to start fixing nobles! It will come back 400.

Offline hunter

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2012, 12:18:45 am »
cant whack black on black

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2012, 08:17:57 pm »
Had a great day up at Knockhill yesterday. Some super quick cars on track. The Bellside evo and the pdk 997 were very evenly matched. Here is a couple of vids of J.Cocker piloting the APR golf.

Cheers, Stevie.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:56:14 pm by s3dubbin »

Offline Tonygti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2012, 10:23:48 pm »
Hi mate,sorry to invade your thread lol,been reading ur progress and your s3 sounds like a monster  :laugh:
Was reading that you had to been to extreme in Whitburn,I have also heard a few bad reports about the place,I stay in Bathgate so literally a stones throw away!wanted my car remapped and seen you had been to falkland performance and thought highly of them so thought why not go up and have a chat with them?
I'm glad I did spoke to Kevin,he was more than happy to help and spoke about remapping my ed30,anyway to cut the story short,phoned him up a few days later and booked in and got a wee stage 2 remap,happy with the power now is an understatement  :grin: !
He spoke about you being up with your s3 aswell,glad I read your thread as there's not places around here that would take the time to talk about cars and all that crap lol!really nice guy to talk to and happy with his service and will defo be back up for some more goodies ha ha!
Cheers,Tony