Make a donation

Author Topic: Hallo from Deutschland  (Read 8568 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Re: Hallo from Deutschland
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 11:09:33 pm »
hopefully in the next year or so i would like to visit Germany,heard so many good things about it..your english is better than mine :happy2:

You should go , once youve tried the beer over there you will never look at a flat warm pint of Fosters the same way again!  :signLOL:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: Bitburger Anyone?  :drinking:

Offline KleinAberFein

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 10:40:09 am »
94Luke - yes, it helps a little bit to read about something I am interested in. Motivates you to keep reading even if you do not understand it all. Problem is people write with so much slang and idioms that its making it hard to understand! I have found when learning to speak english better, I have memorized a complete sentence or phrase. The grammar is already built in! No need to think about how to conjugate the verb etc. You should try it in German! But germany is kind of like other larger countries, we are also lazy about learning other languages. When we visit the neighboring countries, many people think, "bah, they all speak german, why talk in dutch/french/italian". I think its disprespectful to have that way of thinking. One must at least try to speak the other country's language if you are there. A few phrases. Its a sign of respect to not assume they all speak german or english, etc. You know?  What I like about Holland is TV shows are broadcast in the original language with untertitel. So you can hear the real language. In Germany, its all syncronized (dubbed?). Its funny to hear the same voice actor in different shows. Like Tony Danza in Who's the Boss, he has the same voice as Alf in germany.  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 05:50:35 pm »

Like Tony Danza in Who's the Boss, he has the same voice as Alf in germany.  :laugh:

....There's a guy here (a keen trackday driver) who uses the forum name 'Tony Danza'. I wonder if he knows about Alf in Germany!  :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Rich_gti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2010, 07:30:25 pm »
Welcome :happy2:

Offline KleinAberFein

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2010, 08:28:10 pm »

Like Tony Danza in Who's the Boss, he has the same voice as Alf in germany.  :laugh:

....There's a guy here (a keen trackday driver) who uses the forum name 'Tony Danza'. I wonder if he knows about Alf in Germany!  :evilgrin:

:surprised:

Well, I am always impressed how much you guys know about German cultural oddities!

thanks Rich!

Offline JPW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 09:14:44 pm »
Guten tag und Willkommen :driver:
Reflex Silver with a few toys :-)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 06:20:46 am »
Whiteline are a great company, can't fault their products, they are well thought through and fit's the mk V platform well, und willkommen  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline KleinAberFein

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 11:39:10 am »
danish and rich - thank you for the welcome! I will contact whiteline to see if they have a german vendor or distributor. otherwise i will look into a UK based one. Do you have a recommendation for a UK based firm who is an active person on this forum? I would rather support a vendor who helps out these forums.