Make a donation

Author Topic: TV Heads up 25/10/10 10pm: Frontline Battle Machines  (Read 11202 times)

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: TV Heads up 25/10/10 10pm: Frontline Battle Machines
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 08:46:10 pm »
not heard of sand being  a issue with them unsure how a sand filter could be designed on one like the seaking has , blades yes but most are on berp mk4 . was at benson today in fact for a quick visit .
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 08:49:22 pm »
We are talking from differing perspectives.  I am looking at the availability percentage.  Sea King beats the Merlin hands down.  Sea King average Serviceability % of around 75% in theatre.

I have carried out structural repairs on many a Sea King/Apache/Chinny/Some fixed wing in the field Previous Job), and with all you can carry out a great repair, however the Merlin requiring a bonded repair due to the composition of the frames mean a far more complex repair requiring utmost cleanliness, which is just not viable in the field.  

The Merlin is a great ASW aircraft, but not a battle field aircraft.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 08:50:00 pm »
We are talking from differing perspectives.  I am looking at the availability percentage.  Sea King beats the Merlin hands down.  Sea King average Serviceability % of around 75% in theatre.

I have carried out structural repairs on many a Sea King/Apache/Chinny/Some fixed wing in the field Previous Job), and with all you can carry out a great repair, however the Merlin requiring a bonded repair due to the composition of the frames mean a far more complex repair requiring utmost cleanliness, which is just not viable in the field.  

Ps it has Royal Air Farce down the side! :evilgrin: :fighting:  and a pink gin fridge!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 08:51:08 pm »
im presuming your Navy :grin:

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 08:54:25 pm »
all depends on what and how you are trained tbh , i have worked with alot of sqd's that use the merlin mk1/mk3 etc and if the team running it knows what they are doing then they are always on the pad . i really dont understand the mod in the way the move people around , jack of all master of none springs to mind !
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 08:54:51 pm »
im presuming your Navy :grin:

25 years, only worked on the Sea King MK4, apart from my time carrying out structural repairs.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 09:01:28 pm »

Still this is my last job, I will resign soon

....Is it not better to retire than to resign?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 09:05:50 pm »

Still this is my last job, I will resign soon

....Is it not better to retire than to resign?

I have to resign, not retiring just yet!

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2010, 09:06:39 pm »
fed up with it ? or wanting in at westlands lol
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 10:00:09 pm »
im presuming your Navy :grin:  Anything you like as long as it's finished in pussers grey... :signLOL:

25 years, only worked on the Queenie MK4, apart from my time carrying out structural repairs.
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 10:13:34 pm »
im presuming your Navy :grin:  Anything you like as long as it's finished in pussers grey... :signLOL:

25 years, only worked on the Queenie MK4, apart from my time carrying out structural repairs.
:laugh:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:15:06 pm by stokeballoon »

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 08:44:29 am »

Ps it has Royal Air Farce down the side! :evilgrin: :fighting:  and a pink gin fridge!

Standard fitment in civvie street mate get used to it ! lol - made a tech log entry the other day "Pink gin fridge too warm / popcorn maker not distributing toffee sauce thoroughly"

Oh and I realised at the end of that tv programme that I'd practically been holding my breath for the last 15 minutes of it.....

Just one question.....in the final part of the programme where the RafReg were down the ramp firing the SA80 and the sqishy carbon based autopilot actuator was getting shot - why was there nobody on the minigun on either side of the a/c?   Please tell me that they're serviceable?

For all the squaddies/military types who are out there/been/going  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:50:42 am by DaveB1970 »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 09:25:48 am »

For all the squaddies/military types who are out there/been/going  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

.... x 2 !!

Though I don't think they should be out there at all, but that's politics. They're certainly heroes  :notworthy: - To hell with 'queen and country', they're heroes for each other.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 10:05:07 am »

.... x 2 !!

Though I don't think they should be out there at all, but that's politics. They're certainly heroes  :notworthy: - To hell with 'queen and country', they're heroes for each other.

+1

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 05:48:06 pm »

.... x 2 !!

+1

+2

Cheers,

Wayne