1 (2.8%)
£40
0 (0%)
£50
4 (11.1%)
More
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: How much would you pay in a raffle to win my car?  (Read 6530 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: How much would you pay in a raffle to win my car?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 07:32:58 pm »
Aren't there gaming rules, terms and conditions that have to be met for anything like this?

Oh and my Nigerian friend wants a word too.............

" I as a fantbulous Porsche 911 of the twin turbochargers for rafflings. Just be sending £20 to my local bank in de capital of de Nigeria. I will of course send everyone the winner a message saying dey has won and could dey just be sending me a cheque for £100 for postage of said 1:16 scale real Porsche. Once again I is tanking you for reeding dis"

:signLOL:
Golf R gone.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 07:40:35 pm »
Aren't there gaming rules, terms and conditions that have to be met for anything like this?

" I as a fantbulous Porsche 911 of the twin turbochargers for rafflings. Just be sending £20 to my local bank in de capital of de Nigeria. I will of course send everyone the winner a message saying dey has won and could dey just be sending me a cheque for £100 for postage of said 1:16 scale real Porsche. Once again I is tanking you for reeding dis"

I am sure you are right John, what is it all goes wrong?  Where do you stand then?  Great idea in theory...

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 07:52:32 pm »
^^ As above - I'm pretty sure you would need a gambling license.  Then (as you are not a charity) you would probably be liable for tax?
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 07:54:29 pm »
I knew of a bloke who did this with his house rather publicy, it was in the papers and stuff........ then he scarpered with the mahoney :smiley:

he wasn't very popular to say the least

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 10:06:38 pm »

Or at least pay for fuel for the car!  :grin:

....What do you mean, it's not a R32   :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 10:09:52 pm »

^^ As above - I'm pretty sure you would need a gambling license.  Then (as you are not a charity) you would probably be liable for tax?

....The feckers!! Methinks you get better looked after by The Mafia than the feckin guvn'ment! Licence this, tax that - For doing what?  :fighting:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 10:30:07 pm »
has anyone read about that guy that started with a red paper clip and used a trading website and traded up over a year and ended up with a house!

i.e traded a paper clip for a stapler, stapler for a book, book for a small Taiwanese woman, small Taiwanese woman for a car etc..

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 10:34:00 pm »

I am sure you are right John, what is it all goes wrong?  Where do you stand then?  Great idea in theory...

Genius

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 11:44:32 pm »
I think logistically, this isn't going to happen. Not sure about the legal side of things but it would have to be run by a third party to make it appear fair to everyone involved and that in itself would involve expense. It's not a supercar therefore not going to attract the thousands of punters willing to spend a tenner

I was just interested to see what people would pay in this situation. It would have been nice for the car to have gone to a forum member as a prize, would have been nice for this forum too I reckon. It looks like I'll just do things the old fashioned way.... give it a good detailing and advertise on the trader
 :drinking:

Offline alastairc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 12:49:05 pm »
Sorry to be really dull but i looked at this as a new web business  - similar model just lots of different prizes

the problem I had is that yuo are runing a lottery which is illegal. you have to have a 'game of skill' hence the supercar thing always has a spot the ball or similar - don't ask me how 'spot the ball' is a game of skill tho ;-(

So you would have to fill it with balloons or something and then have people pay a tenner to guess the number of balloons, nearest wins...or have a reverse auction where its £10 to enter and the lowest unique bid wins.

you can get software to run all this FOC so not to hard but you don't want to be charged with running an illegal lottery so be careful!

Mk5 GTI DSG, Stage 2 Bluefin, Revo DSG Remap, Miltek Stainless Turbo back with Race cat, Forge Twintercooler, Carbonio Intake, Upgraded Disks and Green Stuff Pads, Konzept Open Fogs, Upgraded OEM Divertor, Leather, SatNav.

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 03:00:13 pm »
I had a go at the supercar one at Manchester Airport.I thought it was a raffle and sent the Mrs over for a ticket.( Sat at the bar see).Anyway when she came back and said it was spot the ball,I knew I'd lost. :sad1:

Offline Timmyboy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 11:47:17 pm »
I entered one of these a few years ago - a bloke was doing the same with his Monaro, which was worth a fair bit of money at the time. He did it all officially with 3rd parties, solicitors etc etc - didn't end up making enough money to cover the car in the end, so (as advertised) it turned into a simple draw for the money that he did managed to raise, so bit of an anti climax really.

No I didn't win :)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 12:14:37 am »
Just be VERY VERY careful........!! There are some very very strict rules against this.

I worked for Best of the Best (botb.com) for over 5 years. You may all know this better as WIN a supercar from the airports. The rules, implications are massive! I was also invloved in the raffle of the house - which was stopped (legally) and hoem owner fined!!

However, there are VERY clever and simple ways around these laws, since done two raffles for cars. Done well, you can do well from it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:30:00 am by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights