Make a donation

Author Topic: Goodwood Breakfast Club 2009  (Read 5259 times)

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Goodwood Breakfast Club 2009
« on: January 23, 2009, 11:42:54 am »
Here are the dates and the themes:

Date/Theme Details

1 March: 'Mini Mayhem' - for all Small Sporting Runabouts' Celebrating everything from the original Mini to the archetypal hot hatch and modern Supermini, plus RV sporting light aircraft.

5 April: 'Fabulous Family Favourites' - from Fords to Flaminias' Any practical collector's car with room for all the family, plus four-seater and fixed gear aircraft.

3 May: 'Everything But The Car' - from Bikes and Buses to Tractors and Trucks' All forms of motorised transport except conventional passenger cars. Motorcycles, scooters, three-wheelers, campers, light and heavy commercial vehicles, off-road workhorses, other utility vehicles and even aircraft are all welcome - nothing is too bizarre!

7 June: 'Supercar Sunday' - the Ultimate Performance Machines' Mouth-watering (and mostly mid-engined!) ultimate performance cars and exotic superbikes, plus aerobatic aircraft.

28 June: 'Performance Car Legends' - post-1970 Driver's Cars' Sports and GT cars from the 1970s to the present day, from Jensen Interceptor to Ariel Atom, as well as Lotus, Caterham, TVR, Porsche and many more, plus retractable aircraft.

5 July: N/A Not held due to Goodwood Festival of Speed

2 August: 'Soft Top Sunday' - a Taste of the British Summer' Roofless cars of all ages, shapes and sizes, plus all open cockpit aircraft.

30 August: 'Thoroughbred Sunday' - the Quintessential Classic Car and Motorcycle' Any pre-1966 road vehicle or aircraft in the spirit of Goodwood circuit's golden days.

6 September: N/A Not held due to Goodwood Revival preparations

4 October: 'Maserati Magnifica' - a Tribute to the Trident and other Italian Icons' For all Maseratis and any other Italian collector's vehicles, from a Lambretta to a Lamborghini, plus Continental aircraft.

1 November: 'Souped-up Sunday' - Modified and Custom Vehicles of all Ages' Everything from hot rods and custom cars to contemporary urban cruisers, plus home-built aircraft.

6 December: 'Breakfast Club Christmas Cracker'' - Any cherished car or aircraft, preferably with a heater and plenty of boot space for your Christmas shopping. Yule be glad you came!

Format:

Goodwood themselves will choose a handful of cars from their members database or through contacts to be displayed on the home straight of the Goodwood Motor Circuit. These cars are deemed to fully express that particular Breakfast Club theme, and basically be the very best examples of that particular car around.

Visitors arrive from around 7:30 onwards. If your car matches the particular theme of that Breakfast Club, and is 'special', 'unusual' or a 'good example', you will be invited to either park on the track with the Goodwood chosen cars (If your car is very very good), or to park in the surrounding paddock areas.

Members of the public with cars that do not meet the theme, or with cars that there are already plenty of examples in the paddock/track, will be directed to park in a car park opposite the Motor Circuit.

Fresh coffee / beverages and fully cooked food is available (albeit at a price!).

Most stay until about 10:30- 11:30, and then drive home.

Normally there are hundreds of very nice examples on display on the track/paddock areas, and the public car parks are always a great place to spot some very nice cars!

See here for more info - http://goodwood.co.uk/site/content/breakfastclub/Default.aspx

I will most likely be going to all of them! The standard of car there is impeccable, and the food is great! A good morning out for all! Interesting this year that they have introduced planes into it! Sounds really good  :smiley: :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 12:01:04 pm by WhiteGTI »
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Goodwood Breakfast Club 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 11:58:14 am »
Nice one.

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:41:34 pm »
Thanks for this mate, went to a track day there last year and and was good and very safe fun, really well run. Track day dates are up for this year too on website, I will def be doing one this year June, July time so let us know if you are up for one. Be good to get a few gti's down there.

You get tuition included so really good if you have never been before
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline tonyh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:53:56 am »
good morning out down there, am at most meets  :happy2:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 10:49:15 am »
good morning out down there, am at most meets  :happy2:

Yep seen you plenty of times there before! Think I may even have a photo of your car somewhere!

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline fastismycopilot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 03:11:22 pm »
If anyone wants to stop by at AmD Thurrock on the way back from Goodwood on 1st March we're holding a Rolling Road day to raise money for the Italian Job Charity 'KidsOut' http://www.kidsout.org.uk/v2/

I'll post up some more details soon  :smiley:

Edition 30 No. 0536

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 05:57:04 pm »
Anyone going this weekend?

I know Hedge and myself will be there and will be meeting beforehand if anyone fancies it.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 06:05:03 pm »
Wish I was, as its the hot hatch one (which I actually suggested to Goodwood that they do) ...but I can't get the day off work!!  :sad: :sad:

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 06:10:29 pm »
for me.....it's not small....it's faaaaaaaaaar away