Make a donation

Author Topic: police nowt better to do  (Read 11232 times)

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
police nowt better to do
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:13:28 pm »
wife got stoped in car the day  90£ fine tinted windows what came with the car that a bought from vw dealer they said they were 40 %   reg plate wrong     W31R DW       SHOULD read W31 RDW  not exactly a bad plate compared to some you see   :mad: :mad: :sick:
Sig to big.

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: police nowt better to do
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:15:24 pm »
wife got stoped in car the day  90£ fine tinted windows what came with the car that a bought from vw dealer they said they were 40 %   reg plate wrong     W31R DW       SHOULD read W31 RDW  not exactly a bad plate compared to some you see   :mad: :mad: :sick:
oh and blue lights flashing and sirens going in  asda car park 
Sig to big.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:17:33 pm »

So the dealer told you it had an illegal tint ?

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 08:18:32 pm »
Hmmm... They probably couldn't get their daily fix of doughnuts  :evilgrin:

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 08:20:11 pm »
Ask your wife if they used a lightmeter to test the windows, a small hand held device that the Copper holds against the inside face and measures the light coming in.

I was stopped once in my old MK4 and the copper had a VOSA chap with him, mine were legal, but they checked anyway.

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 08:22:22 pm »
Ask your wife if they used a lightmeter to test the windows, a small hand held device that the Copper holds against the inside face and measures the light coming in.

I was stopped once in my old MK4 and the copper had a VOSA chap with him, mine were legal, but they checked anyway.

yes mate had a meter  great timing just when my insurance is due
Sig to big.

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:24:55 pm »

no the dident ive been on to them they said ive to bring the car in to remove the tint  is this an easy job   is the tinting laws different in ireland as this car was imported from there
Sig to big.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 08:25:27 pm »
It's your responsibility to ensure your car is legal.

Ignorance, "everyone else gets away with it" and "well the someone told me...." are no defence in court. Sorry.

I agree it was harsh getting a fine, most will ask you to rip the tint and prove you've removed it a few days later. The plate maybe should have had an advisory too, but the law is the law. It's like walking around with a kick me sign on your back and then complaining when someone boots you up the arse.
Sideways yo!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 08:31:46 pm »
Oh, and them having nowt better to do?

I'd have thought catching people breaking the law is exactly what we employ them for???
Sideways yo!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 08:34:49 pm »
To the OP, can you re-size your sig please as it is far to BIG:wink:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 08:39:24 pm »
well if they told you it was 40% they sort of did, as the legal 25% iirc

no the dident ive been on to them they said ive to bring the car in to remove the tint  is this an easy job   is the tinting laws different in ireland as this car was imported from there

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 08:42:21 pm »

Ignorance, "everyone else gets away with it" and "well the someone told me...." are no defence in court. Sorry.

I agree it was harsh getting a fine, most will ask you to rip the tint and prove you've removed it a few days later. The plate maybe should have had an advisory too, but the law is the law. It's like walking around with a kick me sign on your back and then complaining when someone boots you up the arse.
oh i suppose you would have  new that the tint was 10% more than should be even if you had bought from a dealer not everone knows a great deal a bout cars  and you sound like one of them :fighting:
Sig to big.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 08:46:53 pm »
Cynical me thinks.........*Police trying to pay for the forthcoming cutbacks!  :evilgrin:*
Golf R gone.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 08:48:40 pm »
?, the dealer told you 40%, if the legal limit is 25%, no need to test it they told you, also looking at your pictures then yes its obviously too dark, i was actually sticking up for you as they really shouldn't have sold you it like that but hey ho !!

oh and you added the plate yourself didnt you ?, its a private one ?, not the one that came with the car, when purchasing a plate you get more than a few warnings about spacings etc, i got a verbal warning from the police about my spacing, i knew it was wrong and got away with it for a few years, but when caught i have now gone legal with it

oh i suppose you would have  new that the tint was 10% more than should be even if you had bought from a dealer not everone knows a great deal a bout cars  and you sound like one of them :fighting:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:55:34 pm by 182_blue »

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 08:53:35 pm »

oh i suppose you would have  new that the tint was 10% more than should be even if you had bought from a dealer not everone knows a great deal a bout cars  and you sound like one of them :fighting:

Maybe if you hadn't topped it up with your illegal plate, they might have let you off - or did the dealer put that on for you too?

If the dealer had told you to stick your hand in the fire, would you have done that too? If it looks dodgy, then it most likely is dodgy.
Sideways yo!