yes  ilegal
2 (3.2%)
ilegal but i will take the chance anyway
8 (12.7%)
other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: November 02, 2010, 08:59:37 pm

Author Topic: ilegal plates on you mk5 gti  (Read 16362 times)

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
Re: ilegal plates on you mk5 gti
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2010, 10:46:31 am »
Where does it say Not legal on Dubmeisters web site then??

They would land themselves in alot of trouble Mis-leading customers if they were not the required spec to pass British Law.

Depending on the year of manufacture, the law varies but as all mk5's are post 2001 all number plates must be retro reflective. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the pressed plates a flat, non-reflective surface and therefore illegal?
our
i'd read about this somewhere but couldn't find it as it was why i didn't go pressed on the rocco

All UK number plates must adhere to the following:

1: display the name and address, including the post code of the company who made the plates.
2: display the BSA mark and the fact that the plate conforms to the relevatrying to tnt legislation.
3: be a retro reflective background with solid characters.

There are lots of other things to adhere to such as font and character spacing, size etc but most people are aware of law surrounding them. Technically if your plates don't adhere to those rules you can be fined.

Legal :wink:

From that picture Steve the points I've listed don't appear to have been applied but I appreciate that they may just not be visible on the picture. Far be it from me to tell anyone if there plates wrong or not but I wouldn't want anyone getting a ticket for an illegal plate that they weren't aware was illegal as per Divweirs argument.  We all know that in the eyes of the law pleading ignorance is no excuse.  :smiley:

Saint Steve

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2010, 12:03:48 pm »
1: display the name and address, including the post code of the company who made the plates.
2: display the BSA mark and the fact that the plate conforms to the relevatrying to tnt legislation.

All of those above points, my plates have all those marked on them.

Quality of the picture isnt the best, but as stated by Dubmeister, are legal.

:happy2:

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2010, 12:32:48 pm »

All of those above points, my plates have all those marked on them.

Quality of the picture isnt the best, but as stated by Dubmeister, are legal.

:happy2:

Good stuff mate  :drinking:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2010, 03:43:07 pm »

^ GB plus Euro logo = Legal, and means I don't need to separately display a GB sticker. Unless you don't drive your car abroad it's a no-brainer imo.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!