Make a donation

Author Topic: Monza's questions  (Read 1460 times)

Offline CaptainJack

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
Monza's questions
« on: October 29, 2010, 11:08:48 am »
I'm pretty close to finally buying. I wanted an ed30 but think will settle for a plain ole mkv gti with those horrible black bumper (that's a different story but it will be gone eventually) .

This one has 17 inch monzas. I was wondering what I should expect to spend if I want to trade them in /sell on ebay and buy some 18 inchers. I'd actually most like the ones on the mk6.

Also, this is a main dealer so could I possibly negotiate something with them as part of sale?

Any thoughts in the next few hours would be great as I've got work and am going to ring them with an answer.

Cheers...

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Monza's questions
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 11:16:38 am »
I don't think selling 17s is worth it to be honest. For mint ones you'd get £200 at most. For that money I think you're better off keeping them as a second/winter set.

Offline CaptainJack

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 11:20:09 am »
Yea, that's fine mate. Be quite useful really. What do you reckon it would cost to get 4 18's ...maybe the monza 11 shadows (whatever those ones are with the black inserts if that makes sense)

Offline CaptainJack

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:22:13 am »
crikey, had a look on ebay. looks like nearly 2 grand.

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 12:24:25 pm »
I don't think selling 17s is worth it to be honest. For mint ones you'd get £200 at most. For that money I think you're better off keeping them as a second/winter set.

My mate sold some damaged ones for £250 with tyres. Reckon if they are mint you could get about £270ish.
Mint 18" ones are more, there is a fella on here somewhere selling some mint 18" without tyres for £450, you could get a wheel refurb garage to put in the black inserts.
Hope that helps.

Offline CaptainJack

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:26:43 pm »

My mate sold some damaged ones for £250 with tyres. Reckon if they are mint you could get about £270ish.
Mint 18" ones are more, there is a fella on here somewhere selling some mint 18" without tyres for £450, you could get a wheel refurb garage to put in the black inserts.
Hope that helps.

Yes mate. Cheers.

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 11:12:54 pm »
I think i read somewhere that the Monza II shadows are a 2 grand optional extra??

Anyone back me up on that? I couldn't find any hard evidence but im pretty sure real ones new are damned expensive!

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 07:11:07 am »
With 10% discount, I paid £407 for a new 18 Monza from the dealer. I managed to bag 4 refurbs from a forum member for £400. These are going on the car on Monday with Wintracs on board for the chilly season.

You should get 4 decent hoops for about £400 I'd think.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)