Make a donation

Author Topic: Vent digital interface...?  (Read 7074 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Vent digital interface...?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 07:07:37 pm »
I can't see why they are having probs developing one for the Mk5 - afterall, they are just piping EOBD data, so if they made it work on a Mk4, why not on the Mk5 . . . . unless CAN-BUS is screwing things up???? :surprised:

thats exactly what it is, I think they have got the derv stuff sorted but are still working on the petrol version

Yes, that is correct, the developer also wanted to be able to get the boost feature working through the OBDII, which was proving difficult.
Golf R gone.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 07:08:26 pm »
I contacted Jim at Race Diag yesterday to check on this and the CAN version for petrol cars of the liquid gauge is ready and can be purchased, they are working on a Mk5 vent now.

I saw the PS3 one and that's what made me think of the liquid one, so as soon as they are available I will be trying to arrange a GB with them  :happy2:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 07:10:11 pm »
Maybe they should tap into the 'easter egg' secret codes in the Climatronic display! :evilgrin:

I wish they'd crack this - I seem to remember this being discussed about 2 years ago. :surprised:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 07:35:15 pm »
i hope they make a version or at least it be a shape we can custom fit somewhere else too. dont really want it in my vent.
we will see :)

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 08:53:06 pm »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 08:54:55 pm »
i hope they make a version or at least it be a shape we can custom fit somewhere else too. dont really want it in my vent.
we will see :)

They already just sell the module / screen on it's own  :happy2:

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 10:51:19 pm »
ill be interested in the complete kit when its ready. any idea on price for these yet?
cheers
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 10:55:23 pm »
I just realised that link i posted was for a Kufatec harness.

Youd think the quality and function would be pretty much OEM??
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

h4rdy

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 11:04:07 pm »
I contacted Jim at Race Diag yesterday to check on this and the CAN version for petrol cars of the liquid gauge is ready and can be purchased, they are working on a Mk5 vent now.

I saw the PS3 one and that's what made me think of the liquid one, so as soon as they are available I will be trying to arrange a GB with them  :happy2:

Be interested in this I also like the PS3 one as it keeps some of the vent functioning.

J