Make a donation

Author Topic: High pressure fuel pump ?  (Read 12480 times)

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: High pressure fuel pump ?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 11:52:14 pm »
I cant comment on the APR pump as i have never fitted or sold one, but we have fitted 30+ autotech internsl kits and sold lots more, never had a single problem, personally I cant see any benefit in paying £700+ for a complete pump.

We just finished a group buy over on Vagoc.co.uk so you have just missed out on that one, but I do have a few pumps left over if you are interested, while I was in the USA I collected 50 pump kits and have approx 11 to sell and 10 to keep as workshop stock for the next 3 months.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 11:59:42 pm »
id bet if youstarted a poll with who has used what fuel pump, you would have a good 90% having used autotech without issues

I think we went through a time when some of the internals manufacturers had issues.  I wonder how many people would have known if they had an issue at all??

Not many I bet.

I had an AT pump a long time ago when they very first came out and it worked well, it's still running in a car now and has covered a lot of miles - but the current owner does know what to look for if it were to have a problem.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 12:01:52 am »
APR probably dont like the brits after this recent APR/awesome-GTI escapade, so i wouldn't expect much lol

I don't think APR would have anything against the Brits, from what I know APR Europe(Awesome) and APR USA could not work together any longer for a number of reasons and decided it was best to part company, hence Awesome becoming a REVO dealer.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 12:10:53 am »
The biggest issue with selling internals is that often people have a go at diy, its pretty simple, but easy to get something in the wrong way round.

This is why we offer a fully fitted option for just £50 or will rebuild a customers pump for £25, the more cost effective we make it, the less chance people will try and diy and possibly make a mistake.

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 07:52:03 am »
how much would you be selling the autotech internals for and would i be able to put the internals into my pump if its not working or would it not work with new internals either

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 01:18:35 pm »
I cant comment on the APR pump as i have never fitted or sold one, but we have fitted 30+ autotech internsl kits and sold lots more, never had a single problem, personally I cant see any benefit in paying £700+ for a complete pump.

We just finished a group buy over on Vagoc.co.uk so you have just missed out on that one, but I do have a few pumps left over if you are interested, while I was in the USA I collected 50 pump kits and have approx 11 to sell and 10 to keep as workshop stock for the next 3 months.

How much are you selling the complete autotech pumps for?

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 03:49:26 pm »
As said there were a few problems with some internals been manufactured out of tolerance a few years ago this resulted in some of the pumps leaking fuel in to the engine  :scared:

The apr items are fully assembled and tested by APR to ensure no faults are present before fitting, there is also a different rated spring on the APR. Its up to the individual if the piece of mind is worth the extra £400!!

MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 03:52:15 pm »
For prices on autotech kits, pm me :happy2: