Make a donation

Author Topic: Wrong tyre advice.....Help  (Read 8738 times)

Saint Steve

Re: Wrong tyre advice.....Help
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 05:49:28 pm »
Thanks for that....

One thing that gets me, on my Dad's last two Boxsters one had PS2s fitted and the new one has Bridgestone RE050A fitted.
 Why do Porsche fit the Bridgestones as they seem to get poor reviews every where "they just succeed in feeling average"......

Boxster - not a real Porsche! :P  The Caymans come with a Heinz of tyres too.  Real Porks use PS2s (although you can factory spec CSC2/3s)

real Porsche........ :grin:

Cayman S upsetting Real Porsche drivers............. :wink: :wink: :happy2:

Wheres that Gone fishing pic  :signLOL:

that made me laugh alot............

Hope you enjoy the Vred's Tagnut. Im happy as with mine, just wish i could train my right boot to go easy on the go pedal to stop wearing them out.

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 05:58:25 pm »
You seem happy enough with yours. Will see how they are on the way to work. :happy2:
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Saint Steve

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010, 06:07:06 pm »
They are a very pretty Tyre (as tyre design gets  :ashamed:) and very quiet compared to what ive used in the past.

For the price you pay, in my opinion, there isnt much better without paying alot more for little gain over them.

Let Us know how you go Tagnut  :happy2:

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010, 06:10:04 pm »
They are a very pretty Tyre (as tyre design gets  :ashamed:) and very quiet compared to what ive used in the past.

For the price you pay, in my opinion, there isnt much better without paying alot more for little gain over them.

Let Us know how you go Tagnut  :happy2:

I knew you were a Tyre Tread Whore..... :ashamed: I bet I could show you 10 photos of different tyre treads and you would know them all.  :innocent:

Will let you know how I get on with them.
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 04:38:10 pm »
The reason those Vreds are quiet is due to the continuous 'rib' design of the tread (similar to early directionals).  Unfortunately, that design will mean they will aquaplane earlier than an open tread design such as a PS2/3, CSC2/3 or GY F1 Asymm.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~