Make a donation

Author Topic: High pressure fuel pump ?  (Read 12482 times)

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
High pressure fuel pump ?
« on: October 30, 2010, 08:54:32 pm »
what high pressure fuel pumps is there and whats the cheapest price and where about to buy
would some1 be able to tell me the options and tell me where the cheapest place to buy each one is if possible
im looking for a full pump not just internals because my fuel pump has packed up and i dont know if changing the internals will fix the problem

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: High pressure fuel pump ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 08:57:00 pm »
APR are the only company who produce the Full pump.  since awesome no longer deal with APR this leaves JKM as the only other retailer i know of.

You'll need a mortgage first though lol

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 09:04:35 pm »
APR or Autotech mate, APR are about £700 at the moment and the autotech will cost you roughly £250-300 for the internals plus 50 squid fitting.
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 09:07:47 pm »
ok apr is not an option that is way too much money how much is a standard fuel pump if i had to buy one and upgrade the internals or would mine be ok even tho its not working just now

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 09:14:15 pm »
Why don't we try an arrange a group buy for the apr one as I would definentely be interested an I'm sure if we got ten people together we could achieve a nice discount  :happy2:

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 09:32:55 pm »
i dont even think i group buy would get apr down to a decent price unless u got 50% off cos the price they are asking is a fortune when u can get autotech ones for 350 i think even adding on a standard pump brand new i think they are meant to be 150 its still cheaper than apr

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 09:53:54 pm »
i dont even think i group buy would get apr down to a decent price unless u got 50% off cos the price they are asking is a fortune when u can get autotech ones for 350 i think even adding on a standard pump brand new i think they are meant to be 150 its still cheaper than apr

I see where your coming from but i still think the apr ones are the best on the market an if you ever go down the ko4 route its a must have, which is my current situation. Maybe we could try for a 20% discount, Hopefully JKM could chime in to see if its doable with enough interest

p.s sorry don't mean to be hijacking your thread with my Apr group buy discount dreams

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 10:44:25 pm »
You do know that you can have APR upgrade your present pump for a lesser price than a new one...  :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 10:55:26 pm »
do you mean the apr exchange programme as i still think it shy of £600 for the unit

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 10:57:29 pm »
I don't think you'll see 20% discount on one.  Not sure there is that much margin in them tbh.

Things will be more difficult with APR Europe out of the picture as the individual dealers will have to place orders with APR in the USA which will incur higher shipping charges as it's not spread over a large shipment.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 10:59:00 pm »
APR probably dont like the brits after this recent APR/awesome-GTI escapade, so i wouldn't expect much lol

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 11:13:59 pm »
APR probably dont like the brits after this recent APR/awesome-GTI escapade, so i wouldn't expect much lol

lol would love to know the ins and outs of that , they were all apr and now all revo and offering free changes from apr to revo , guessing theres something behind the scenes there
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 11:19:51 pm »
is there really much difference between apr and autotech and have people on this forums with ko4 not has autotech pumps

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 11:47:25 pm »
id bet if youstarted a poll with who has used what fuel pump, you would have a good 90% having used autotech without issues