Make a donation

Author Topic: spelling correction  (Read 12804 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: spelling correction
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2010, 09:08:49 pm »
^^^^
Don't worry mate. We're all just being honest in our opinions and they're only opinions.  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2010, 09:27:41 pm »
I (and I'd imagine other forumites) have no problem with dyslexia or any other condition (eg poor sight) that would cause problems with posts, Steve.

So do you want me to ask people to put in their sigs if they have a reason why their posts may contain incorrect spelling or grammar?

At least this way you can public shame people for these most heinous crimes.

Just try to remember this is a car forum not f*cking mensa.
I bet some of the people with bad spelling on here would be able to get into mensa, but some of the ones who complain would not. A work mate of mine is a mensa member, he can not spell or write to save his life and he is in the top 10% of the countries IQ according to mensa.

The box to edit posts does not make it easy for people to correct things imo.

My old boss was dyslexic and it was great some of the stuff he wrote... even he laughed at most of it. Especially the time when he wrote a note to the general manager asking that he couldn't get in to the chemical room because of the keypad lock and he needed 'axes' (instead of access). The GM came to me and asked if I thought we really did need axes to break the door down in an emergency   :grin:

:signLOL: Nice one!

Being able to laugh at yourself is so very important no matter what your 'problem' is.   :happy2:
That one is better than some of the ones i have done over the years.  :grin:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:33:55 pm by Snoopy »
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0i0e9f2dqvegjljn2otm2nkgci&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2010, 09:43:33 pm »
I'm just glad I have a Mac.... because if I didnt, some of you guys would have a field day!!! :signLOL: