Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo settings - SPS Switch - Confused  (Read 6217 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
Revo settings - SPS Switch - Confused
« on: June 27, 2011, 06:25:28 pm »

Right so first off the car:- Edition 30, TBE, ITG and thats it (so far)

Currently mapped on a Stage 2, and then a Stage 1 DSG ( Beautiful, amazing car now )

So due to work (long story) I mostly run the car on 95Ron, so I was mapped for this (Stage 2 Settings) 7B, 3T, 9F

Now I do have a SPS switch, which I would like to setup fully, the idea I'd like to do is have the Settings for 95Ron, but also have (a safe setting) for 98/99 Ron.

Looking through the search here, I find a few different settings, not sure what would be best to use?? So far I have seen 6B, 5T, 9F, also 6B, 3T, 9B both for 98Ron.

So is there a setting I should consider or have missed? is there any damage I could do, by using either of them.

As a newbie to Remapping, it would be far easy if there was a matrix on the site in excel form, showing what basic settings should be used.

Anyway any help welcome

Kiwi

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: Revo settings - SPS Switch - Confused
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 06:36:11 pm »
You need to be careful on this as there will be a difference in settings if your base map is optimised for running on 95ron, or am I reading it wrong and that you have a generic base map that is optimised for 95 Ron via sps settings?

For a preliminary base setting for 98ron I would go b7t4f9. But I would strongly encourage some live logging with vcds to ensure that optimal settings are achieved.

HTH

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:51:06 pm »
You need to be careful on this as there will be a difference in settings if your base map is optimised for running on 95ron, or am I reading it wrong and that you have a generic base map that is optimised for 95 Ron via sps settings?

For a preliminary base setting for 98ron I would go b7t4f9. But I would strongly encourage some live logging with vcds to ensure that optimal settings are achieved.

HTH

Based map set for 95Ron, Thanks for your input  :happy2:

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 05:05:33 pm »
Can someone post a picture of one of these SPS units?
I'm confused about what they actually are  :ashamed:
Are they pre loaded or do you have to have the car set up and the files stored on the sps switch?
Does it allways have to be plugged in or can you just change the file setting and unplug it?
Can you have stage 2+ files on it? Why would you want to change the settings?
Cheers guys  :happy2:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 05:34:46 pm »
Can someone post a picture of one of these SPS units?
I'm confused about what they actually are  :ashamed:
Are they pre loaded or do you have to have the car set up and the files stored on the sps switch?
Does it allways have to be plugged in or can you just change the file setting and unplug it?
Can you have stage 2+ files on it? Why would you want to change the settings?
Cheers guys  :happy2:

You may want to run more conservative safer settings, you may want to adjust to run better with different grades of fuel, you may change / upgrade hardware on your car and adjust mapping to suit for best performance or reliability.

You make the settings with the software and transfer the settings to the car with the SPS unit  :happy2:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 05:39:17 pm »
Check TC's thread out when he had one for sale - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,30860.0.html

Once you have bought a REvo remap the SPS switch allows you to adjust Boost, Timing and Fuelling .

It allows you to switch between your standard map (revo file) and your tune - you cannot store different Stages 1-2+.

Files are not stored on the switch, just settings for your file that you have. In addition the switch has a mobiliser defeat on it. By setting boost to 0 for example, you can have a valet mode. There are 3 predefined settings on the switch that you programme by plugging the switch into a PC via USB - allowing you to set specific variables for Boost, timing and fuelling. Though this should be done after copious amounts of logging and knowing what you are doing! The switch is only plugged in when you want to make changes. You do not store any tunes on the switch, this is where it differs from Bluefin for example.

You would want to change the setting to ensure that the tune file is optimal - for example, pulling back boost/timing in the summer months when it is warmer. You may want different boost settings for different driving conditions. No point running loads of boost in the winter with poor conditions etc...

Hope this helps.

Dom

Offline Jungle_Faced_Jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 07:29:05 pm »
Revo's recommendations are Boost 6 (performance boost) or Boost 9 (aggressive boost), Timing 0-3 for 95 RON, Timing 4-6 for 98 RON, Timing 7-9 for race fuel and Fuel 9 for performance air fuel ratio. Though if you have a HPFP I guess the fuel setting will be lower. The settings they recommend for 98 RON are B6 T4 F9. I've just tweaked mine to B6 T5 F9 as I usually run 99 RON. So far these settings seem to work well for 99 RON. The acceleration is smooth and instant with plenty of pull.

Edit: Just realised you are running stage 2. So I'm not sure if these recommendations are for all stages or just stage 1? Looking at their SPS user guide it looks like these are generic recommendations for all Revo stages??? When I spoke to Revo technical support about setting up the SPS they recommended B6 T4 F9 for 98 RON on stage 1.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:35:05 pm by Jungle_Faced_Jake »

Offline Hedge9001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 04:25:57 pm »
the sps switch is fairly simple use only 5 setting including the lock security