Make a donation

Author Topic: Web Design costs.  (Read 804 times)

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
Web Design costs.
« on: November 02, 2010, 10:56:24 pm »
Had an idea to start up a side project that could potentially bring in money. Would need some kind of website designing with the ability to log in and access your profile kind of like facebook and with the option to take a monthly subscription. Needs to be able to search like autotrader and tell you the closest source.

The idea I have in mind would be a lot of work and far too advanced for my level of web design.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience in this area and likely costs involved?
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: Web Design costs.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 12:23:41 pm »
speak to Adam at web branding: www.webbranding.co.uk

did our website for us (link in sig) and at a fraction of the cost of some other quotes, but with a fantastic service and backup.

Offline gazjones

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Design portfolio
    • Email
Re: Web Design costs.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 12:34:55 pm »
Web design can range widely in price, and would need a developer with good experience to give you a relevant quote. Prices can range from £500 into the £100,000's.

I'd say yours would be priced betweek 1-5k but again you'd be better to get a true quote from several companies. Look at small agencies based out of London as prices can also differ (for design we charge almost 75% less than London based design agencies and offer the same thing). Also make sure if you have the idea you get the company to sign a confidentiality agreement, as they could just take your idea and run with it!

Gaz