Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo SPS help  (Read 3799 times)

Offline searly

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
Revo SPS help
« on: November 21, 2010, 04:34:15 pm »
I have just changed over from an APR Map to a Revo map this week ( stage 1 + DSG 1 ) .  I also purchased the new SPS, it is this I am having problems in understanding how to use it .

Have downloaded the tools from the Revo site .   Trying to understand the functions is difficult as it refers to the SPS Plus.
how do I know what setting Revo has installed on it ( default says B6 T2 F9 )  is this it .

How do I know what to set the performance A, B and C to .  and if I load a value in setting A I press the set value in the SPS area at the top .
Take the SPS to the car switch on ignition, set the SPS to 2 ( performance A ) plug in , let it peep quickly for 10 seconds then pull it out / switch off ignition .   how would I ever get it back to the default setting ???? if needed .

Really am struggling to get my head around it .  Has anybody written an Idiots guide ????
  i do not have VAG . COM

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Revo SPS help
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 06:35:53 pm »
H I had my sps delivered on Friday and had the same problem as you lol, to find out your revo performance settings, plug the switch into the car and to your lap top, turn the ignition on and load the software up, then select the acquire tab to get your revo settings from the ecu, then what I did was set the settings to select A, which is no 2 on the controller, hope this helps

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 06:51:28 pm »
Trying to understand the functions is difficult as it refers to the SPS Plus.
Same thing. They discontinued the standard SPS switch so the only switches they have are basically Plus models, just "updated".

how do I know what setting Revo has installed on it ( default says B6 T2 F9 )
You don't need to plug the unit into the car - just switch to position 0, connect to computer, load software and "read" the SPS switch.

How do I know what to set the performance A, B and C to?
These are various settings. Realistically you should set these in conjunction with a rolling road or with someone who knows logging. You could have A as aggressive map, B as progressive map, and C as something else. I would leave F(uel) at 9, and T(iming) at 5/6, B(oost) can be anything from 1-9.
Take the SPS to the car switch on ignition, set the SPS to 2 ( performance A ) plug in , let it peep quickly for 10 seconds then pull it out / switch off ignition .   how would I ever get it back to the default setting ???? if needed .
You have the stock map - just switch it to the appropriate number (can't remember off the top of my head).

Really am struggling to get my head around it .  Has anybody written an Idiots guide ????
  i do not have VAG . COM
You don't need VCDS but as said above, leave it with either what revo have it as (usually in map A) or the stock if needed.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline searly

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:10:03 pm »
Thanks for the advise Guys