Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone running Michelin PS3's?  (Read 13456 times)

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Anyone running Michelin PS3's?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 01:55:50 pm »
so what do people think they will get mileage wise from these and also the verdis, my pirellis are coming upto 19k and will need changing soon, although I don't consider 19k to be too bad :)

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 03:31:50 pm »
I've been running the PS3's on the front of my MK5 GTI (18") for a couple of weeks now. I previously had the PS2's fitted.

The PS3's are a BIG improvement. The wet weather grip is incredible. Due to the weather, I have been unable to fully test the dry capabilities.

I paid £142 a corner for the PS3's, which strangely was the same as the price they were doing on the PS2's!

Btw, I am new here as i've been over on the 'other' forum.

Costco have a deal on at the moment, by invitation only until 14th Feb (still trying to get in on it) 20% off purchase of 2 tyres (normally they do 20% off purchase of 4 tyres) £118 per tyre fitted  :wink:

I was quoted same price for PS3's as PS2's for the Audi (but they had to order them in) some talk but not confirmed as yet that the 20% off 4 tyres may start after the 15th Feb
I just rang up Costco to see what the price for the PS3s were and the guy quoted me £140 each and said they are cheaper than the PS2. He also mentioned they had stock of the PS2 they wanted to get rid of first. Anyone know if the 20% costco offer is still on.

How are the guys that have the PS3s finding them, I have F1s asymmetrics on the front and was going to put them same on the back but everywhere I ring dont seem to be able to get them anymore.

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 08:23:01 pm »
Sorry guys to bring this topic back up, but I need to get some tyres in the next few days and as it looks like I cant get the Eagle F1s anymore, need some advice...

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 11:01:04 pm »
I've been running the PS3's on the front of my MK5 GTI (18") for a couple of weeks now. I previously had the PS2's fitted.

The PS3's are a BIG improvement. The wet weather grip is incredible. Due to the weather, I have been unable to fully test the dry capabilities.

I paid £142 a corner for the PS3's, which strangely was the same as the price they were doing on the PS2's!

Btw, I am new here as i've been over on the 'other' forum.

Costco have a deal on at the moment, by invitation only until 14th Feb (still trying to get in on it) 20% off purchase of 2 tyres (normally they do 20% off purchase of 4 tyres) £118 per tyre fitted  :wink:

I was quoted same price for PS3's as PS2's for the Audi (but they had to order them in) some talk but not confirmed as yet that the 20% off 4 tyres may start after the 15th Feb
I just rang up Costco to see what the price for the PS3s were and the guy quoted me £140 each and said they are cheaper than the PS2. He also mentioned they had stock of the PS2 they wanted to get rid of first. Anyone know if the 20% costco offer is still on.

How are the guys that have the PS3s finding them, I have F1s asymmetrics on the front and was going to put them same on the back but everywhere I ring dont seem to be able to get them anymore.

20% deal i got finished 14th Feb, should get my tyres fitted this week

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 06:41:47 pm »
Thanks Eccie, oh well missed that one then! Think im gona give the PS3s a go

DaveG2L

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 10:55:18 am »
I have just changed from Bridgestone Potenzas to Michelin PS3s. I swapped one pair last month and the other pair yesterday. I paid £300 for 2 x 225-40-zr18s fitted + balanced from Protyre in Portsmouth. Once I have had time to try them I'll post again.

Also, Michelin have an offer on all of their tyres until 30th November. If you buy 4 in one go at one of the garages listed on their site, they give you £40 of fuel vouchers. Unfortunately I don't qualify as the garage I bought mine is not on the list and I bought the other pair seperately. For those interested the link is here:

http://www.dealersitesmanagement.co.uk/cashback-oct/  
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:57:01 am by DaveG2L »