Make a donation

Author Topic: Which breakdown cover?  (Read 4415 times)

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Re: Which breakdown cover?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 04:59:46 pm »
 Quote taken from Northloop

Of course we can do payment by phone again.
Since credit card information cannot be saved in our system, I'm sorry to tell you, that we have to do this every year.
If you like, you could also fax me your credit card information.
Fax 0049-221-4727452

Best regards
Petra Leyrer
Teamleiter Telefonservice-Backoffice
ADAC Nordrhein - Bremsstr. 9 - 50969 Köln
Telefon (0221) 4727-444 - Telefax (0221) 4727-452
adac@nrh.adac.de

Guess I will call Petra when my Roc R assistance runs out.............. had this a few years ago, and Petra's Colleague spoke very good England.  All very very painless, but ETTO.

Offline GeeTeeI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 05:35:41 pm »
I've always used RAC; who were fine.

Then I did a little google searching when I had an Alfa (and as per the previous poster mine too broke down). I went to rescuemycar.com and its been great.
Dirt cheap, and they use local garage type folk who are always friendly and helpful. Plus they're keen to keep on the books of the agent so they work hard to keep you happy.

But that said, I now have greenflag through my bank account, so once my current cover runs out I'll be using the one that I get included with my bank.

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 06:08:07 pm »
i've used the AA in the past and always received a good service - but be careful beacuse i've heard of them charging people extra if you call them out too many times.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 08:28:23 pm »
I think the RAC do something similar. You get a "no claims bonus" each year that you don't call out. But this goes up if you call too many times.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 11:35:25 pm »

I think the RAC do something similar. You get a "no claims bonus" each year that you don't call out. But this goes up if you call too many times.

....If that is the case, the RAC should make it crystal clear in their published information. I haven't noticed such a caveat in my VW Assist (which is RAC) bumf.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 02:59:22 am »
AA is 5 claims in 1 year then they will charge you after the 5th,

I too was with AA when I had my Focus ST, they where brill, when my drive shaft broke they came out and took me and the car home has it was 3 in morning, the next day after taking my decat, exhaust and bluefin I phoned them back up has part of the first call out and they took my car down to Ford.

I have had similar experience with the RAC with the VW assistance but I now like some others on here have Green flag through my bank £10 a month for home start and recovery...

Darren

Offline skifast

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 11:17:06 am »
i had been with the aa for many years,each year at renewal the quote would be robbery,so i would ring them up and they would knock loads off.The few times i called them out they were fine.Then last year I was working abroad when the renewal was due i thought i would let it lapse and sort it out when i got home. You can imagine how P****D O*F I was on my return to find they had taken   £192 !!!!    off my credit card.When i rang them up they said there was nothing they coud do about it as i was on a continuous contract......WTF!! SO as you can guess the AA or any of their associated companies will ever get another penny out of me.

"IT'S ALL IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SIR" ( AA.ryanair.easyjet.etc.etc.etc)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 08:06:36 am »

You can imagine how P****D O*F I was on my return to find they had taken   £192 !!!!    off my credit card.When i rang them up they said there was nothing they coud do about it as i was on a continuous contract......WTF!!

"IT'S ALL IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SIR" ( AA.ryanair.easyjet.etc.etc.etc)

....That's outrageous!! :fighting:  Are you sure that you can't overturn that? It might be in their small print but it doesn't mean you can't challenge it and I reckon it may even be fundamentally against the law regarding consumer rights.

I'm so glad that VW Assist/RAC don't behave like that.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:09:41 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline skifast

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 08:47:54 am »
if i was to write down all the phone calls e mails etc that i made to the    AA     it would make a short novel.As one example each time i renewed my cover i would tell them that i wanted them to remove the details of the credit card i had used. So when they renewed it this time they must have still had my credit card details on file,when i challeneged this i asked for a copy of my conversations with them  they said it would cost me  £10 !! I agreed to pay as you can guess I hear'd every excuse under the sun as to why they suddenly could'nt send it .They originally told me they had listened to it and the conversation was  ambiguous  .......i could go on and on...sometimes life is too short  I just vowed never to give them or their associated companies another penny. maybe we should start another topic elseware on the forum so we can comment on the companies who have had us over with their   TERMS AND CONDITIONS  (AA,easyjet.red letter days,ryanair..........)

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 09:21:39 am »
Do what I do.... buy a new car every year from a main dealer and get your breakdown free  :grin:

WILLZIE

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 01:03:31 pm »
Some really great info here peeps, very much appreciated!! RAC looks the fav, I will have to trawl the fine print and give them a call!  :drinking: :happy2: