Make a donation

Author Topic: Petrol prices!!  (Read 8997 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=e2ii4mt3vgg4ss55j49u1q1pr9&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Petrol prices!!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 02:46:55 pm »
Its up to £1.209 for Tesco 99 here now, altho havent filled up for a few days so it might have crept up a little.
I dont really mind it tho, i dont do a lot of miles but if i do a longer trip i can just do it a little slower if i want, thats the beauty of these cars... get 20's for fun driving but can get high 30's if you're sensibly cruising along, its a real Jeckyl and Hyde car which i love!

Yeah ive just filled up £120.90 for 99.... not too bad esp when youve got 5p off a litre!!  :grin:

Rich

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 02:47:47 pm »
Yeah ive just filled up £120.90 for 99.... not too bad esp when youve got 5p off a litre!!  :grin:

Rich

Feck me that's dear.  :laugh:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=e2ii4mt3vgg4ss55j49u1q1pr9&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 02:48:51 pm »
Blockades dont work.... the only way it will maintain its cost is if the government stop hiking the fuel taxes up! Which isnt gonna happen... fuel will just get more and more expensive, and unfortunately theres not a lot that can be done!!

Rich

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 02:49:52 pm »

Rich

Feck me that's dear.  :laugh:

NOt bad for 99RON tho... 80p would be idle tho  :sad1:

Saint Steve

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 03:47:16 pm »
117.9 with my Tesco  5p off Voucher aswell just now, woohooo, saved myself £2.31  :jumpmove:

That buys me a free Breakfast roll instead :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2010, 03:52:12 pm »

£1.28 for V-Power at a motorway service station earlier this week....£71 to fill up!

....Shell term a "fill up" as anything over 25 litres, so the trick to maximise your V-Power points (and more fuel vouchers) is to only fill up just over 25 litres each time and not run down to empty and fill to brim.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2010, 05:13:19 pm »

£1.28 for V-Power at a motorway service station earlier this week....£71 to fill up!

....Shell term a "fill up" as anything over 25 litres, so the trick to maximise your V-Power points (and more fuel vouchers) is to only fill up just over 25 litres each time and not run down to empty and fill to brim.

That would be a good trick if I collected the points :grin:

FOR SALE!

Nasir

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2010, 05:48:51 pm »
Didn't David Cameron say he was going try and stabilise fuel costs? Or something along them lines?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2010, 06:10:40 pm »

That would be a good trick if I collected the points :grin:

....  :surprised: There's no reason not to collect the points if you regularly use V-Power. You just ask for a membership card and get your card swiped whenever you buy V-Power. Set your preferences to 'points for fuel' and you'll automatically receive vouchers by post. Depending on your mileage you might get a free tankful in a month. Even a tenner's worth helps. The free quarterly glossy mag is quite good too.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2010, 08:02:21 pm »
you'll automatically receive vouchers by post.
Robin, I've been collecting points for over a year and have accumulated 2000 points to date. Yet not one voucher or mag. All of the details are correct. I've had to fire off an email because I'm fed up.

Though I'd still continue to use V-power because there's no Tesco petrol stations nearby - otherwise I would have used them.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2010, 08:22:07 pm »
Like you Stealth I have over 5500 points but no vouchers. I have emailed them to see whats going on.  :fighting:

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 08:24:08 pm »
you'll automatically receive vouchers by post.
Robin, I've been collecting points for over a year and have accumulated 2000 points to date. Yet not one voucher or mag. All of the details are correct. I've had to fire off an email because I'm fed up.

Though I'd still continue to use V-power because there's no Tesco petrol stations nearby - otherwise I would have used them.

i have similar beliefs stealth, I have had my shell card for almost 2 years and i finally got my vpower card last week, woopwoop,   but in that time i have only once received vouchers and they only contained a wapping £5 off fuel, and i do on av 12-14k miles currently at 20mpg in my cayman so i certainly guzzle it, either its not very good or there getting lost in the post  :confused:
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 11:15:27 pm »
For those people moaning about people moaning about how much it costs to run a car you need to read the first post again...i'm moaning about the price of a litre of petrol and not the running costs or mpg. If you spent nearly £4k a year on fuel you wouldn't like it either.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 11:22:42 pm »
Surely they are linked  :confused:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2010, 12:21:04 am »

For those people moaning about people moaning about how much it costs to run a car you need to read the first post again...i'm moaning about the price of a litre of petrol and not the running costs or mpg. If you spent nearly £4k a year on fuel you wouldn't like it either.

....I've never bothered to calculate what I spend a year on fuel - What's the point if you enjoy the car?