Make a donation

Author Topic: police nowt better to do  (Read 11241 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: police nowt better to do
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 04:59:52 pm »
Surely she should be aware of what is on her motor vehicle? Ignorance is not an excuse, pleading it is just laziness.
But my question is how would you know?

If you bought a car, the seller said it was standard and unmodified, and you bought it, would you then check every single component, nut, bolt and screw to make sure it was all OEM? Remember, this is a girl who probably didn't even bother checking the oil/coolant/washer/brake fluids levels up on a regular basis.
She should have fought the insurance company.  Regulation of UK insurance (all types - cars, house, health, etc) is based on reasonable and/or forseable knowledge.  Because she wasn't told about any mods, and probably didn't ask - then the ins co cant deny the claim.  So in respect of insurance, ignorance does pay.

I could have easily sold my car as stock with the Quaife diff not mentioned and the RS4 valve - no-one - even a techie would have spotted them!!!!
Golf R gone.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 06:29:49 pm »
Surely she should be aware of what is on her motor vehicle? Ignorance is not an excuse, pleading it is just laziness.
But my question is how would you know?

If you bought a car, the seller said it was standard and unmodified, and you bought it, would you then check every single component, nut, bolt and screw to make sure it was all OEM? Remember, this is a girl who probably didn't even bother checking the oil/coolant/washer/brake fluids levels up on a regular basis.
She should have fought the insurance company.  Regulation of UK insurance (all types - cars, house, health, etc) is based on reasonable and/or forseable knowledge.  Because she wasn't told about any mods, and probably didn't ask - then the ins co cant deny the claim.  So in respect of insurance, ignorance does pay.

I could have easily sold my car as stock with the Quaife diff not mentioned and the RS4 valve - no-one - even a techie would have spotted them!!!!
Exactly! :happy2:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 06:57:32 pm »
Look let's just agree that everybody is a barstewards but us  :happy2:

Coppers, dealers, chav number platers, insurance companies, silly bints ....

:signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2010, 07:00:06 pm »
Look let's just agree that everybody is a barstewards but us  :happy2:

Coppers, dealers, chav number platers, insurance companies, silly bints ....

And, after me, you're first!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2010, 06:57:07 pm »
took car back to  dealers the took tint off windows  and payed the 30£ fine   thanks for all the support guys  if im felling down i now where to get a lift :P
Sig to big.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2010, 07:17:44 pm »
took car back to  dealers the took tint off windows  and payed the 30£ fine   thanks for all the support guys  if im felling down i now where to get a lift :P

Buy some Tic-Tacs :laugh:

They're full of little lifts. :grin:
Golf R gone.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2010, 09:13:52 pm »
That's what I call a result! :happy2:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2010, 03:22:08 pm »
windows sticky after tint removed wife called dealers and after a bit of tooing and throwing and a wee threat of( vosa) taking it back wed for free valet and a courtesy car for a few hours and they will pay 11£ insurance   :jumping: women like a dog with a bone :grin:
Sig to big.