Make a donation

Author Topic: Whats it really worth???  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Tuffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Whats it really worth???
« on: November 05, 2010, 05:52:05 pm »
Hi guys. Works not looking good after christmas  :sad1: So the Gti may have to go! What do ya reckon its worth? 05 Black 3 door, 62.5k full vwsh, cloth interior, 6 cd changer, auto wipers+headlights 6 month tax full mot.
Thanks in advance guys

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:54:08 pm by Tuffy »

Offline eyebrows

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Whats it really worth???
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 10:07:49 pm »
I'm only a newbie so i don't know diddley but for the last few days of searching there are a few out there priced in the low 9k but most are above that.

Its only the start of november. Can't you sit on it and see if work comes in? Bad times sorry to hear about your situation  :sad1:
1996 8v Gti
1991 309 Goodwood Gti

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 09:37:59 am »
Sorry about the work situation  :sad1:. Price wise i would say around the 9 grand mark.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Tuffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 11:45:34 am »
Sorry about the work situation  :sad1:. Price wise i would say around the 9 grand mark.

Thanks Gene. remaining as positive as possible about it. Had it on piston heads for a week now and auto trader for two! for £9,200 and not even as much as a scamming email!  Or someone offering to swap thier transit van for it! Could be time of year or people just not having the money! I've sold around twenty car privately and haven't ever know it this dead!

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 11:48:30 am »
..............it is one of the worst times of the year to sell a car with christmas round the corner etc. Looks a nice car & i wish now i had gone for a 3 door.

Offline Tuffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 12:01:59 pm »
..............it is one of the worst times of the year to sell a car with christmas round the corner etc. Looks a nice car & i wish now i had gone for a 3 door.

Thanks Mate. Just gonna have to sit tight i reckon.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 12:13:24 pm »
I would,no point letting it go for peanuts.If the worst happens take it off the road & s.o.r.n. it. :smiley: Hope you keep the job mate. :happy2:

Offline Tuffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 12:19:53 pm »
I would,no point letting it go for peanuts.If the worst happens take it off the road & s.o.r.n. it. :smiley: Hope you keep the job mate. :happy2:

It pretty much off the road anyway through the winter months, tucked up nicely in the garage!. I have a van for work which i use all of the time now the weather is turning

Offline CaptainJack

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 12:20:21 pm »
Dunno if this helps mate but as someone who is actively searching for a GTI/r32 at the mo what I tend to do is check the whatcar used valuation  of a car. It doesn't even account for extras or anything but if something is significantly higher than the private valuation I don't tend to ring about it - unless it's like fully loaded and obviously more.

You could try shaving a bit off but it doesn't seem badly priced tbh..

http://www.whatcar.com/valuations/result?makeId=25321&modelId=25503&editionId=25534&yearId=28&mileage=62500

Offline Tuffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 12:48:16 pm »
Dunno if this helps mate but as someone who is actively searching for a GTI/r32 at the mo what I tend to do is check the whatcar used valuation  of a car. It doesn't even account for extras or anything but if something is significantly higher than the private valuation I don't tend to ring about it - unless it's like fully loaded and obviously more.

You could try shaving a bit off but it doesn't seem badly priced tbh..

http://www.whatcar.com/valuations/result?makeId=25321&modelId=25503&editionId=25534&yearId=28&mileage=62500

Thanks for that matey! I've used that before, Handy tool . I would shave £200 off to anyone interested , which i think is a very fair price. Just think people are holding on to thier pounds!