Make a donation

Author Topic: Normal Tips or R32 Tips  (Read 3769 times)

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
Normal Tips or R32 Tips
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:12:46 pm »
Hi

Iv decided to buy a blue flame exhaust and I carnt decide between sticking with the normal placing of the tail pipes or changing to the r32 style …..

I really like the look of the r32 but I carnt help but think people are just going to look at me as if im trying to be a r32 and the question is what are peoples thoughts on this????

One other thing does any body know if the sound would be different between the two???

Thanks
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: Normal Tips or R32 Tips
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 09:14:13 pm »
normal 100%
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tv9vlfqv4pv4din6236m5vvfqt&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 09:16:39 pm »
Hi

Iv decided to buy a blue flame exhaust and I carnt decide between sticking with the normal placing of the tail pipes or changing to the r32 style …..

I really like the look of the r32 but I carnt help but think people are just going to look at me as if im trying to be a r32 and the question is what are peoples thoughts on this????

One other thing does any body know if the sound would be different between the two???

Thanks

You have answered your own question!

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 09:32:44 pm »
Before you make the decision....

Cue topcat's car  :happy2:

Hope thats okay using his pictures

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:36:34 pm »
It's a difficult one mate, because any of us on here could be seen as 'trying to be another car'

If I buy R32/ED30 rear lights, am I trying to make my car an ED30? Or is it just because I prefer the look of them?

I have an ED30 MFSW, but I only got it because it was the only one for sale at the time, im not trying to 'be' an ED30 else id buy one instead.

I think, go with what YOU like the look of best, if you like twin middle pipes, go for it, your not trying to be an R32 your just having the exhaust look how YOU want it to look.

Everything is personal taste, but whatever you go for...Post pics after! :wink:

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:45:33 pm »
 :drool:  that is nice.....

mmmmmm i carn't decide.... well i carnt hang about to long so ill make a decision before long and ill get pictures up for everyone to see  :happy2:
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 02:18:15 pm »
 :drool: I love the look of the twin exhausts in the middle  :drool:

Can't wait to get my GTI...and maybe a few mods  :happy2:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:20:05 pm by Kalpsn2000 »
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 03:05:44 pm »
R32 style all the way, people who look and think 'hes trying to be an r32' are dumb!

Why would anybody want to pretend they have a slower, heavier, thirstier car than they already have?? The R32 style on the mk5 just looks alot better, simples!  :innocent:

Oh and i have a mk4 r32!  :signLOL:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 04:17:51 pm »
Have you actually factored the cost of buying/painting/fitting an R32 bumper into this at any point?

Stick with the twin GTI pipes, its suits the GTI far better.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 04:40:00 pm »
for me it was i felt the gti was a great car from the front but they had lost interest when it got to the rear bumper- bumpy plastic -not an aggressive hot hatch at all. the ed30 looks ubercool but for me the r32 twinpipes centrally just look mean and purposeful- sod anyone who thinks i,m trying too hard.
the car imo looks more complete now!
or if you colour code the raer bumper like the mk6 that also looks muuuuuuuch better than stock!
 what were they thinking!

matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline .:GTI|SUNNY:.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 11
  • I spend too much time on this forum, I'm addicted
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 06:44:43 pm »
Standard GTI bumper with R32 style exhaust  :jumpmove:

| Tornado Red GTI |

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 09:23:09 pm »
This isnt helping my decision ha im swaying to r32 style  :smiley: yea id thought of the bumper situation i want to change the bottom part anyway for carbon fiber so either way thats getting changed....

does anyboy know where in england i can get one of these from as the usa seem to be the place so far...  :happy2:
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 02:11:30 pm »
Hi

Thanks
............don't think Blueflame have started production again yet mate?.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 02:23:16 pm »
This isnt helping my decision ha im swaying to r32 style  :smiley: yea id thought of the bumper situation i want to change the bottom part anyway for carbon fiber so either way thats getting changed....

does anyboy know where in england i can get one of these from as the usa seem to be the place so far...  :happy2:

TT SHOP!  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 10:20:59 pm »
Iv being monitoring their website and so on and orders will be dispatched at the start of December I need to buy soonish as I want to beat the new vat rise in January  :smiley:
2006 Tornado red GTI