Make a donation

Author Topic: He's selling up again  (Read 6129 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: He's selling up again
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 12:19:34 am »
Understanding how modifications on a car alters the car is Jonny's stock and trade. He NEEDS to do it for his racing job and so the money spent on modifying cars (in my opinion) is money well spent. Jonny spoke of getting a 997 Turbo PDK, so that would by my guess for his next car. If this had the new S-Tronic in it I would have bought it today :laugh:

Rumours have it that at certain speeds due to the s-tronic gearing it might be slower to certain performance "milestones". Overall it will be quicker and get much better mpg on the motorway, granted though the TTRS gets the same mpg as a stage 1 2.0TFSI anyhow.

Sad to see it up for sale, but he has his reasons.

Looks like I will be the first aftermarket TTRS owner in the UK though  :jumpmove:

Now if only the company would hurry up and sell me their prototype!  :driver:

I can't understand why this should be as surely a seven speed gearbox would have shorter gearing than a manual six one?  :confused:

I bagsy 1st shotgun ride in the first aftermarket TTRS in the UK then :signLOL:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 12:23:21 am »
Actually it doesn't matter two figs what Jonny does to his cars - It's entirely up to him and no-one else. As for not finishing them, when is a modded car finished exactly, not until it blows up?

Let's face it, most of us very much enjoy reading about what he does and some of us even gain from him sharing his knowledge. So where's the justification in being so critical of what he does or doesn't do.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 12:25:01 am »
Understanding how modifications on a car alters the car is Jonny's stock and trade. He NEEDS to do it for his racing job and so the money spent on modifying cars (in my opinion) is money well spent. Jonny spoke of getting a 997 Turbo PDK, so that would by my guess for his next car. If this had the new S-Tronic in it I would have bought it today :laugh:

Rumours have it that at certain speeds due to the s-tronic gearing it might be slower to certain performance "milestones". Overall it will be quicker and get much better mpg on the motorway, granted though the TTRS gets the same mpg as a stage 1 2.0TFSI anyhow.

Looks like I will be the first aftermarket TTRS owner in the UK though  :jumpmove:

I can't understand why this should be as surely a seven speed gearbox would have shorter gearing than a manual six one?  :confused:

An extra gear change to 100mph apparently according to this "source"

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 12:27:41 am »

An extra gear change to 100mph apparently according to this "source"

Ahhhh, I'm with you now on the "certain milestones" bit :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 02:03:35 pm »
Personally i don't know the guy so can't judge but by the sounds of things he has a good time doing what he does and i think good luck to the guy really. If i was in a position to do that i wouldn't be moaning!!.

I moan about wages that footballers are on, i mean £250k a week is totally ridiculous but i know for one, if i was getting it i would be laughing my way to the bank!.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 05:30:15 pm »

Personally i don't know the guy so can't judge but by the sounds of things he has a good time doing what he does and i think good luck to the guy really. If i was in a position to do that i wouldn't be moaning!!.

I moan about wages that footballers are on, i mean £250k a week is totally ridiculous but i know for one, if i was getting it i would be laughing my way to the bank!.

....I agree inasmuch that it doesn't matter how rich you are because there is always someone who is richer (and poorer). Why be concerned about someone else's 'wealth' or opportunity or whatever. People should enjoy their own life and not harbour jealousies of others - That includes footballers, so what what they earn!

Besides which, Jonny doesn't modify his cars for everyone else's benefit - He does it for his own satisfaction and then shares it. Good for him, I say  :congrats:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 06:12:13 pm »
Was wondering when his feet were going to start itching.

I would love a TTRS :drool:

Was in Porsche the other day picking up a BMW and I didnt want to leave. :ashamed:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 11:21:04 am »

Was in Porsche the other day picking up a BMW and I didnt want to leave. :ashamed:

Ahhh i know that feeling mate! i always pop into the Porsche dealer when i'm in Exeter and i come out feeling sh*t haha. What i would do to have this right now driving down the California coast, especially with how the weather is today  :mad:

http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/911/911-turbo-cabriolet/

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 11:49:45 am »

Ahhh i know that feeling mate! i always pop into the Porsche dealer when i'm in Exeter and i come out feeling sh*t haha. What i would do to have this right now driving down the California coast, especially with how the weather is today  :mad:

I've never really understood the appeal of a Porsche. Having driven a few (Boxster S, Cayman S, 997 Turbo), I've always been dissapointed with them. Sure they're fast but they're all ugly and in my opinion they are a bit boring. Give me a Gallardo over a Porsche any day  :evilgrin:

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 12:22:43 pm »

I've never really understood the appeal of a Porsche. Having driven a few (Boxster S, Cayman S, 997 Turbo), I've always been dissapointed with them. Sure they're fast but they're all ugly and in my opinion they are a bit boring. Give me a Gallardo over a Porsche any day  :evilgrin:

I love Porsche, i think they make some stunning machines. My dad has owned quite a few different Porsche cars from when i was a child and ever since have had a real soft spot for them and will own, one one day. Don't get me wrong the Gallardo definitely looks like a supercar in every sense i won't argue that one! and is also is a superb car!

By the way, i wasn't saying that Porsche was the best car out there ;), i would definitely argue it's one of though!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 01:41:33 pm »
personally i think everyone is just jealous.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2010, 01:56:35 pm »

strange thing is i have the cash for it  :P but for me its more about him saying he will be doing this and that with the cars but then never does as he gets bored and bangs them up for sale but ETTO and good luck to him  :smiley:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 02:01:02 pm »
The S3 he had is also up for sale on Pistonheads

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2248391.htm
Golf R gone.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 03:09:41 pm »

strange thing is i have the cash for it  :P but for me its more about him saying he will be doing this and that with the cars but then never does as he gets bored and bangs them up for sale but ETTO and good luck to him  :smiley:

im not really bothered what he does with his cash, hes been a nice enough guy everytime ive met him so good for him on doing well at such a young age.  :smiley:  :drinking:

I could afford one aswell, but id have to move back in with my parents!!  :grin:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 03:43:39 pm »
I've currently got the money from the Golf and my savings burning a hole in my pocket, not a vulgar amount of money, but enough to buy something quite nice. I'm basically spending all day either dreaming about cars or looking at used ones on PHs/Autotrader/forums...

Now imagining being Jonny with x-more disposable income, I think I might actually have gone mad!! Too much choice and temptation, I can see why he'd be lured elsewhere half way through a project.. I'd be buying something different every month.
Sideways yo!